Brussels Sprout Skewers with Mustard MarinadeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Appetizers, Lunches & Dinners, Sides
This recipe offers a way to prepare Brussels sprouts other than your typical roasting or pan frying. We take the classic Brussels sprout and grill it up with a mustard marinade for a nutritious side dish that’s perfect to bring to a barbecue or party.
Are Brussels sprouts your favorite non-starchy veggie? Don’t forget to try these other delicious and easy Brussel sprout recipes!:
- Crispy Brussels Sprout Chips With Garlic Aioli >
- 4-Step Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Bake >
- Roasted Red Onion Brussels Sprouts >
- Savory Brussels Sprouts with Apple >
- Roasted Balsamic Fig and Brussels Sprouts >
Lose weight enjoying healthy and delicious meals delivered right to your door! Learn more about Nutrisystem plans >
Servings: 4 skewers (1 serving = 1 skewer)
Calories per Serving: 93
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 1 lb. of Brussels sprouts
- 4 tsp. whole grain mustard
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil then blanch sprouts for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove sprouts from pot and run under cold water. Pat dry.
- Trim bottom stems of the sprouts and remove outer leaves.
- Combine mustard, olive oil and seasonings in a small bowl. Toss sprouts in mixture then marinate for 30 minutes.
- Once marinated, place 3-4 sprouts on each skewer.
- Grill on grill pan or outside grill for 3-5 minutes, or until charred on all sides.
- When ready, remove the sprouts from the grill and toss with a bit more mustard sauce.