Brussels Sprout Skewers with Mustard MarinadeRecipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks
This recipe offers a way to prepare Brussels sprouts other than your typical roasting or pan frying. These grilled Brussels sprouts with mustard marinade are a nutritious side dish to bring to a party where there may not be many healthy options.
Servings: Makes about 4 skewers
On Nutrisystem, Count As: Each skewer counts as 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts
- 4 tsp. whole grain mustard
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil then blanch sprouts for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove sprouts from pot and run under cold water. Pat dry.
- Trim bottom stems of the sprouts and remove outer leaves.
- Combine mustard, olive oil and seasonings in a small bowl. Toss sprouts in mixture then marinate for 30 minutes.
- Once marinated, place 3-4 sprouts on each skewer.
- Grill on grill pan or outside grill for 3-5 minutes, or until charred on all sides.
- When ready, remove the sprouts from the grill and toss with a bit more mustard sauce.