Celebrate freedom free of guilt! Fourth of July is right around the corner and light and fluffy cheesecake is on the menu. Using just five simple ingredients, our recipe developers created this quick and easy holiday dessert recipe that fits into your weight loss menu. Whip up this healthy, chilled cheesecake recipe all season long for a sweet and satisfying summertime snack.
There is no better time than summer to feature fresh berries in your recipes. According to Healthline, berries are high in antioxidants that are said to help prevent aging, decrease inflammation and reduce the risk of disease. They are incredibly nutrient-dense, meaning they are low in calories while being high in vitamins, minerals and more. Berries are a good source of fiber, vitamin C and manganese. Learn more about the benefits of berries and enjoy eating this delicious SmartCarb on your healthy diet!
If you would like to enjoy this holiday dessert all year round, you can easily swap in different fruits based on what is currently in season. For example, you can create a fall cheesecake with fresh apples, pears and cinnamon, or make a winter cheesecake recipe with cranberries and oranges. The combinations are endless! Find out how to know what produce is in season.
If you are a cheesecake lover, make sure to explore The Leaf Weight Loss Blog! We know that our customers love making healthier versions of their favorite meals, snack and desserts. That is why we have made it our mission to fill our Recipe section with diet-friendly alternatives. Yes, even cheesecake is allowed on your Nutrisystem menu! From Sweet Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding to Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites, you will have a blast cooking up all of our healthy ideas.
The first step of creating this five-ingredient Patriotic Cheesecake recipe is preparing the graham cracker crust. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a nine-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. While your oven is preheating, place nine graham crackers in a food processor and process until a fine, flour-like texture is formed. Stir in a quarter of a cup of melted light butter, then press the mixture into the greased pie pan. Bake the graham cracker crust for about seven to eight minutes. Remove it from the oven and let it cool completely while you work on your filling.
The cheesecake filling in this recipe is extremely easy to prepare! Even better, it doesn’t require any more time in the oven. Unlike most cheesecake recipes, this one sets up in the fridge for a quick and easy sweet treat. Fold together two and a half cups of light whipped topping with six ounces of low-fat, room temperature cream cheese. Stir in one and a half cups of red and blue berries. You can use a combination of strawberries and raspberries for the red, while blueberries and blackberries work perfectly for the blue. Pour the filling onto the cooled graham cracker crust. Place the cheesecake in the fridge for at least two hours to firm up. Once it has set, top your cheesecake with the remaining berries before serving.
Have some fun and get creative while decorating your Patriotic Cheesecake! We have come up with a few delicious and nutritious ideas for you to experiment with below. Just make sure to account for any additions that you add to your daily meal plan. Refer to the Nutrisystem Grocery Guide for more guidance.
- Use some natural red and blue food coloring to add some more color to the top of your cheesecake. Add a few drops and swirl it around for a pretty and patriotic presentation.
- Try out some all-natural superfood powders, such as red beet powder or blue spirulina to add even more nutrition and color. Sprinkle them on top or swirl them around your berries.
- Create a picture of the American flag on top of your cheesecake with the berries.
- Add other red and blue fruits to the mix. Concord grapes and elderberries can add even more beautiful blue color, while cherries, cranberries, pomegranate seeds and watermelon are tasty red options.
This quick and easy cheesecake makes 10 servings, so there is enough for the whole family to enjoy! You could also keep the leftovers in the fridge so you can continue your Fourth of July celebrations all week long. One serving of this Patriotic Cheesecake contains 175 calories. If you’re on Nutrisystem, you can log it as one SmartCarb and three Extras in the NuMi app.
Looking for more fun and festive recipes for your Fourth of July Party? We have plenty of healthy options to choose from, like these dishes that are perfect for the BBQ! You can also impress your guests with satisfying sweets and starters while you stay on track with your weight loss plan. Check out the list below for a healthy Independence Day menu:
- Patriotic Booze-Free Sangria >
- Patriotic Popsicles >
- Red, White and Blueberry Smoothie >
- Flag Fruit Kebabs >
- 5-Ingredient Watermelon Cake >
- Red, White and Blue Pudding Cup >
- Festive Flag Crackers >
- Red, White and Blueberry Pancakes >
Now that you have diet-friendly options for beverages, side dishes, desserts and appetizers, it’s time to serve up the main course! If you’re like most people in America, you probably plan on firing up the grill on the Fourth of July. Serve up some lightened-up burgers that will keep you satisfied while you entertain! Even your guests will love these hearty and healthy options. Click the link below for our top 10 burger recipes for a healthy holiday weekend.
Have you come up with your own dessert recipe while on the Nutrisystem plan? We want to hear about it! Submit your unique creations on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to have your recipe featured right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog. Your tasty ideas could help someone else on their own weight loss journey.
Don’t let one holiday sabotage your weight loss! Stay on track with a convenient meal delivery service that has plenty of tasty options. Get started with a Nutrisystem plan today!
Calories per Serving: 175
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 3 Extras
- 9 graham cracker sheets
- ¼ cup light butter, melted
- 2 ½ cups light whipped topping
- 6 oz. cream cheese, low fat, room temperature
- 3 cups red and blue berries (strawberries halves, blueberries, blackberries, etc. )
- Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick spray.
- Place graham crackers in a food processor and process until fine.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Press the mixture into the greased pie pan.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Let the crust cool completely before adding the filling.
- Cheesecake Filling
- Fold together the cream cheese and whipped topping.
- Stir in half of the berries.
- Pour the mixture onto the cooled graham cracker crust.
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- Top with the remaining berries before serving.