Creamy Green Gazpacho with Grilled ShrimpRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses, Sides
This Creamy Green Gazpacho with Grilled Shrimp is every bit as delicious as it sounds. Featuring a slew of healthy veggies blended with yogurt, avocado and a tasty blend of spices, this is one slurp-worthy summer Gazpacho recipe!
We top this chilled soup recipe with perfectly cooked grilled shrimp. After seasoning them with black pepper and cooking them up on the grill, they make they are the perfect protein-packed addition to this summer soup supper.
Grilled shrimp is one of our favorite PowerFuels. We love it with salads, on skewers or served over pasta! It’s a versatile protein that reminds us of sunny summertime days. Feel free to add more of your own favorite spices and herbs, such as paprika, garlic powder and onion powder. Yum!
This recipe makes two servings, with each providing just 177 calories. If you’re on the Nutrisystem plan, you can count this recipe as one and a half PowerFuels, half of a Vegetable and one Extra. Click here to head to your journal to log this delicious recipe in NuMi! >
Have a big appetite for shrimp? Try these other delicious shrimp recipes from The Leaf Weight Loss Blog:
- 8 Healthy Shrimp Recipes >
- Shrimp Fra Diavolo >
- Shrimp Scampi With Zucchini Pasta >
- Shrimp Fajita Bowl >
- Sesame Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry >
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Kebabs >
- Spinach Stuffed Mussels & Shrimp >
Build healthier habits with a program backed by science! Get delicious meals, one-on-one coaching and the NuMi app to help you lose weight and get healthy. Learn more about Nutrisystem! >
Servings: 2 (1 serving = ½ cup)
Calories per Serving: 177
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 ½ PowerFuels, ½ Vegetable and 1 Extra
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced cucumber, peeled
- 2 diced scallions, white and green parts separated
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- ¼ avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. coriander
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Pepper to taste
- 4. oz cooked shrimp (6 oz. uncooked)
- Non-stick spray
- Combine all ingredients except for the shrimp and green parts of the scallions in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Let sit in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- For uncooked shrimp: Coat shrimp with non-stick spray and season with pepper and grill/broil on high for 3-4 minutes per side or until opaque.
- Top soup with the shrimp and garnish with the green parts of the scallions.