Donut holes are typically calorie-bombs filled with simple carbohydrates, sugar and unhealthy fats. With a little help from the air fryer, we gave them a diet-friendly twist that you can enjoy on your weight loss program.
You don’t need oil to make these little “fried” dough balls. Whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt combine to make a high fiber, protein-packed batter that crisps to perfection in your air fryer. But the goodness doesn’t stop there! Take one bite and you’ll soon discover a gooey, chocolaty center. Serve up these mini donut balls at your next get-together for a poppable party treat that your guests will thank you for.
One serving of these Air Fryer Chocolate Donut Holes contains 142 calories and counts as one SmartCarb and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. Before you reach for a second serving of these moist, chocolaty donuts, make sure to log your first one in the NuMi app to ensure you’re staying within your meal plan guidelines! Keeping track of your meals, snacks and water each day can help you reach your goals. Click here to log this recipe in NuMi >
Looking for more healthy desserts to satisfy your chocolate cravings? Check out these other sweet dessert recipes:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Almond Biscotti >
- Instant Pot Chocolate Peppermint Rice Pudding >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars >
- 3-Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bombs >
- Chocolate Berry Crisp >
- Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Bites >
Sure, donut holes are delicious. But if you’re looking for the whole donut, you need to try our recipe for Blueberry Cheesecake Donuts! >
If you’re too busy to fit cooking into your routine, not to worry! Nutrisystem transforms your favorite desserts into smarter options. Try our Chocolate Brownie Sundae, Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk Chocolate Flavored Pretzels. Click here to stock up on snack ideas! >
Get healthy and lose weight with delicious meals delivered right to your door! Learn more about Nutrisystem plans >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Servings: 6 (1 serving = 2 donut holes)
Calories per Serving: 142
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. white sugar
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. light butter, melted
- 1 package Nutrisystem NutriChocolaty Wafers
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add yogurt and vanilla to the flour mixture.
- Add melted butter to the flour mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cover hands in flour to prevent sticking. Roll batter into balls, using about 2 tablespoons per ball.
- Place some chocolate in the center of each ball. Ensure chocolate is completely covered by the batter.
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F. Place donut holes in a greased air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.