5-Ingredient English Muffin French ToastRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Main Courses
Sunday mornings just got sweetener with this 5-Ingredient English Muffin French Toast recipe. We keep all of the same ingredients and flavors you know and love about French toast, but make one simple swap that you’ll wish you would’ve tried sooner: Instead of plain old white bread that’s void of nutrition, we use whole wheat English Muffins as the base of this easy French toast recipe. You’ll still get to enjoy the delicious combination of eggs, vanilla and cinnamon but with more crunch, more fiber and more flavor.
This 5-Ingredient English Muffin French Toast recipe follows similar steps to a classic French toast recipe. Mix up a combination of eggs, unsweetened almond milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon to soak the bread in. In this case, we’re using halved whole wheat English muffins instead of regular bread. Once they are full soaked, heat up a greased skillet over medium heat and cook each half of the English muffin for three to four minutes per side.
The best part about this 5-Ingredient English Muffin French Toast recipe is that it’s super versatile. The English Muffin French Toast is just the base for all of your favorite French toast toppings and breakfast sides. We put together a list below of different topping and side dish ideas that would be delicious with this sweet morning meal. We’ve also included the serving size and how they fit into the Nutrisystem plan for easy logging in the NuMi app!
Extras (Limited to three per day on Nutrisystem):
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar-Free Honey or Maple Syrup = 1 Extra
- 1 tsp. Butter = 1 Extra
- 2 Tbsp. Light Whipped Cream = 1 Extra
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar-Free Jam or Jelly = 1 Extra
- ½ Tbsp. Butter Substitute, Light Version (Benecol, Smart Balance, Margarine) = 1 Extra
- 1 tsp. Honey = 1 Extra
- 1 tsp. Seeds = 1 Extra (Chia, Flax, Pumpkin, etc.) = 1 Extra
- 2 tsp. Chocolate Syrup = 1 Extra
- 1 Tbsp. Mini Chocolate Chips = 1 Extra
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Flakes = 1 Extra
- 1 slice Cooked Bacon = 2 Extras
Free Foods (Unlimited on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan:
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon = Free Food
- 1 Spray Butter Spray = Free Food
PowerFuels and SmartCarbs:
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Nuts (Peanuts, Almonds, Pistachios, Walnuts, etc.) = 1 PowerFuel
- 1 Tbsp. Nut Butter = 1 PowerFuel
- 1 cup Low-Fat Yogurt = 1 PowerFuel
- 1 cup Low-Fat Milk = 1 PowerFuel
- 2 oz. Chicken or Turkey Sausage
- 1 cup of Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, etc.) = 1 SmartCarb
- 1 cup Chopped Fruit (Mango, Apples, Pineapple, Pears, etc.) = 1 SmartCarb
By itself, one serving of this 5-Ingredient English Muffin French Toast counts as one SmartCarb, half of a PowerFuel and one Extra on Nutrisystem. It contains just 179 calories per serving, leaving room for some of the toppings and sides above to complete your Flex breakfast. The recipe also makes two servings, so it’s perfect if you’re losing weight with a buddy on the Nutrisystem Partner Plan.
Craving more fabulous French toast? Check out these other healthy breakfast recipes!:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast >
- Churro French Toast Rollups >
- Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon French Toast >
- Baked Blueberry French Toast Casserole >
- French Toast Cups >
Start your day on the right track with convenient breakfasts delivered to your door! Learn more about Nutrisystem weight loss plans >
Calories per Serving: 179
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, ½ PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, halved
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- Mix together the egg, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Place each half of the English muffin in the mixture until fully soaked.
- Heat a greased skillet over medium heat. When hot, cook muffins for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve warm with favorite toppings.