French Dip SlidersRecipe posted in:
Indulge in a savory treat with healthy French Dip Sliders! Enjoy thinly sliced roast beef, reduced fat provolone cheese and au jus for dipping. It’s the ultimate game day appetizer!
These easy French Dip Sliders come together quickly and feature simple ingredients with a whole lot of flavor. If you love a classic French dip sandwich, this delicious starter is a must-have for your football parties or holiday get togethers.
These little sliders are perfectly portioned and easy to serve, making them a wonderful party finger food. Paired with a savory au jus sauce (that also doubles as the roast beef marinade), every bite is packed with flavor.
To make this healthy game day appetizer, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and toast eight whole wheat slider buns for five minutes. While their toasting, melt some light butter in a small pot over medium heat and add garlic. Cook until fragrant, then whisk in low sodium beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, onion powder and black pepper. Simmer the sauce for five to 10 minutes.
Place the thinly sliced roast beef into the finished au jus to coat it in flavor. Then it’s time to assemble your sliders: Spread the top of each toasted bun with mayonnaise. Next, fill each bun equally with the roast beef and top with a half slice of cheese. Place the top bun on top and bake the sliders for about five minutes or until the cheese has melted.
This French Dip Sliders recipe makes a total of eight sliders, with one slider counting as one serving. Each 162-calorie serving can be logged as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and half of an Extra in your NuMi app journal.
Pro Tip: While the classic French dip features roast beef, there’s no reason why you couldn’t swap in a different thinly sliced meat into our recipe. Try this dish with thinly sliced chicken breast, turkey breast of even low-sodium ham for a tasty twist on this healthy app.
Make game day healthier (and more delicious) with the Nutrisystem-friendly appetizer recipes on The Leaf! We have an entire recipe section dedicated to smart and satisfying starters that fit into your weight loss plan. Try out some of our favorite recipes below:
- Fruit and Nut Baked Brie >
- Greek Shredded Chicken Nachos >
- Cheeseburger Egg Rolls >
- Baked Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip >
- Mexican Street Corn Dip >
- Air Fryer Protein Pasta Chips >
- 3-Ingredient Cream Cheese Veggie Bites >
Nutrisystem makes healthy eating easy! We send perfectly portioned versions of your favorite meals and snacks right to your door. Lose weight and get healthy with our simple meal plan and food delivery service! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 8 (1 serving = 1 slider)
Calories per Serving: 162
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and ½ Extra
- 8 whole wheat slider buns
- 8 oz. deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- 4 slices provolone cheese, reduced fat, sliced in half
- 2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. light butter
- 1 cup beef broth, low sodium
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place slider buns onto a baking pan and toast for 5 minutes in the oven.
- To make au jus, melt the light butter in small pot over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and thyme to the pot. Season with black pepper and onion powder. Simmer au jus for 5-10 minutes.
- Place roast beef slices into the au jus to coat.
- Spread the top of each toasted bun with mayonnaise. Fill equally with the roast beef and top with each sandwich with a half slice of cheese.
- Top each slider with the top bun. Place in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve with leftover au jus for dipping.