One-Pot Ground Beef Chili RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Customer Submitted, Main Courses
It’s comfort food season! Warm up and get cozy while digging your spoon into this homemade classic. Featuring lean ground beef, tender black beans and a whole lot of flavor, this One-Pot Ground Beef Chili recipe is sure to be a fall and winter winner.
This beef chili recipe was submitted through our Recipe Submission page by Nutrisystem member, Melody. According to Melody, this recipe uses common ingredients and is easy to make. “Takes about 30-50 minutes to prepare,” she explains.
We love how simple the ingredients are in this tasty dish. As Melody stated, most of them are common kitchen staples that many people keep on hand. And since the recipe only requires one pot, clean up is just as easy as preparing the dish itself!
Want to learn how to make the best ground beef chili recipe? Get started by heating a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in chopped onions, diced green bell peppers, minced garlic, black pepper, chili powder and cumin. Sauté these ingredients for one to two minutes. Add in the lean ground beef and continue cooking until it’s brown. Stir in tomato paste, beef broth, diced tomatoes and black beans. Bring the mixture to a boil, then let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
This One-Pot Ground Beef Chili recipe makes a total of five servings. Each 265-calorie serving is about three-quarters of a cup. If you’re on the Nutrisystem meal plan, you can log a bowl of this hearty beef chili into your NuMi app journal as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, one Vegetable and one Extra.
Hungry for more healthy chili? You’ve come to the right place! The Leaf is filled with nutritious and delicious chili recipes. Check out these other tasty ways to make this seasonal comfort food:
- Ground Turkey Chili >
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chicken Chili >
- Chunky Veggie Chili >
- No-Bean Vegan Sweet Potato Chili >
- Butternut Squash Turkey Chili >
- Chicken Chili and Cornbread Casserole >
- Slow Cooker Brisket Chili >
Lose weight and get healthy this season with a Nutrisystem weight loss plan! We deliver delicious food to your door with a simple meal plan to follow. Plus, get access to one-on-one coaching and our weight loss tracking app.
Servings: 5 (1 serving = ¾ cup)
Calories per Serving: 265
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 lb. of lean ground beef
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 8 oz. beef broth, low sodium
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup of black beans, drained
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, green bell peppers, garlic, black pepper, chili powder and cumin. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until brown.
- Stir in the tomato paste, beef broth, diced tomatoes and black beans.
- Bring to boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.