Chunky Veggie ChiliRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
If you’re looking for a vegetarian dish you can make right at home that’s brimming with nutrition and bursting with flavor, this Chunky Vegetarian Chili recipe is your final stop.
This recipe gives you the kick of freshly chopped jalapeno peppers, diced zucchini and black beans with a plethora of zesty Mexican spices in a smooth, steamy hot vegetable stock covered in shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips. So not only do you get mouthwatering flavor in every spoonful, you get a serving of vegetables, too!
When you enjoy this Vegetarian Chili recipe on your Nutrisystem weight loss program, be sure to count it as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Vegetable on your NuMi App log. Why should you log your food on the NuMi App? Research has shown that you’re actually twice as likely to lose weight if you keep track of what you eat. Click here to learn all of the reasons why downloading the NuMi App will increase your chance of losing weight! >
Another bonus of logging your food with the NuMi App is that you get exclusive deals and offers on all of your favorite Nutrisystem foods!
If you like vegetarian dishes and you’re on a Nutrisystem program, click on the link below to see what you can eat at a vegetarian restaurant without ruining your weight loss progress. Believe it or not, not all vegetarian food is healthy!
Looking for more vegetarian recipes? Check out these other tasty ideas:
- Edamame Falafel >
- Zoodle Mac and Cheese with Roasted Veggies >
- Asian Cashew and Farro Salad >
- Jamaican Jerk Jackfruit Bowl >
- Superfood Autumn Health Bowl >
- Asian Edamame Power Bowl >
- Garlic Soy Sheet Pan Tofu >
- BBQ Jackfruit Sandwich >
Get healthy and lose weight with delicious meals and snacks delivered right to your door! Learn more about Nutrisystem meal plans >
Calories per Serving: 245
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1-14.5 oz can diced tomato, no salt added
- 1-6 oz can tomato paste, no salt added
- 1 ½ cups corn
- 1 ½ cup black beans
- ½ Tbsp. cumin
- ½ Tbsp. coriander
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 cups vegetable stock, low sodium
- GARNISH: Chopped cilantro, 1 ½ cups low fat shredded cheese, 1 oz baked or low fat tortilla chips, crushed
- Using an open flame on a gas burner or under the broiler, cook the jalapenos, turning, until charred all over. Let cool. Cut and remove the seeds and dice the jalapenos. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add olive oil, onion, garlic, zucchini, corn, chili powder, cumin and coriander. Stir and let cook for five minutes.
- Add black beans, chopped jalapenos, tomato paste and diced tomatoes. Stir and let cook for two to three minutes.
- Add stocks. Let boil then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Top with cilantro, ¼ cup cheese per bowl and crushed tortilla chips.