Are you looking for a healthy lobster bisque recipe? Look no further! This recipe is both healthy and delicious. It is perfect for a special occasion or a weekend dinner. You will love the creamy texture and hearty flavor of this bisque. Best of all, it is easy to make! Give this recipe a try today. You will not be disappointed.
How to Make Lobster Bisque (The Healthy Way!)
Lobster bisque is a creamy, luxurious soup that is perfect for a special occasion. It’s a popular dish in restaurants, but it’s also easy to make at home. While it may seem daunting to prepare, this lobster bisque recipe is actually quite simple to make.
This healthy lobster bisque recipe is a perfect example of how to make lobster bisque that is both delicious and nutritious. To make the soup, start by heating olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add garlic and onion. Cook for two minutes, then add carrots and celery. Season the vegetables with paprika, thyme, cayenne and black pepper. Cook for five minutes, then pour in vegetable broth to deglaze the pan and scrape up the brown bits. Add in crushed tomatoes and cook for five minutes more. Next, add in seafood broth and a bay leaf. Top with a lid and let the soup simmer for 15 minutes.
Once the Lobster Bisque has finished cooking, use a blender or immersion blender to blend the soup until it is smooth. Half-and-half is stirred in and the lobster bisque is ready to serve. Top with cooked lobster meat and chopped chives for a beautiful and tasty soup that will warm you up on a chilly fall or winter day.
This satisfying and smart soup recipe makes four servings. Each serving contains 175 calories. On a Nutrisystem plan? Don’t forget to keep track of your meal in the NuMi app! Each serving counts as half of a PowerFuel, two Extras and one and a half Vegetable servings.
More Healthy Soup Recipes for Weight Loss
Check out these other easy and delicious soup recipes that fit into your healthy weight loss plan:
Calories per Serving: 175
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ PowerFuel, 2 Extras and 1 ½ Vegetables
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ cup vegetable broth, low sodium
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes, no salt added
- 2 cups seafood broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1 tsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 cup (~4-5 oz.) cooked lobster
- Heat pot to medium and add oil. Once hot, add garlic and onion. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery. Season with paprika, thyme, cayenne and black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth to deglaze the pan and scrape up the brown bits.
- Add in crushed tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in seafood broth and bay leaf. Top with lid and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once finished cooking, blend until smooth using blender or immersion blender.
- Stir in half-and-half.
- Serve in bowls and top with cooked lobster meat and chopped chives.