Holiday Gingerbread Rice KrispiesRecipe posted in:
Two classic sweet treats unite in this holiday-inspired dessert that’s perfect for the whole family! Featuring the warm and spicy flavors of fresh-baked gingerbread combined with a chewy, marshmallowy texture, these Holiday Gingerbread Rice Krispies are cute, charming and creative. The best part? They are perfectly portioned for weight loss and super easy to make!
Get started by melting some light butter in a saucepan over low heat. Pour in mini marshmallows and continue stirring until they melt. Sprinkle in your gingerbread spices: ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in crispy rice cereal.
Now it’s time for the fun part: Making your gingerbread men! Pour the rice mixture onto wax or parchment paper and spread it into one even layer. Let it cool completely so that it hardens up a bit. Select your cookie cutters—we love a classic gingerbread man shape but any holiday-inspired option will do the trick! Spray your cookie cutter with nonstick cooking spray before using it to cut out gingerbread men from the rice mixture. Finally, decorate Holiday Gingerbread Rice Krispies with white cookie icing and red and green milk chocolate candies (such as M&M’s).
These Holiday Gingerbread Man Rice Krispies clock in at 109 calories per serving. Losing weight on Nutrisystem? You can log each serving as three Extras in your NuMi app journal.
Hungry for more gingerbread? From a creamy, dreamy dip to a freshly-baked Bundt cake, there are so many ways to enjoy this popular flavor of the season. Check out some of our favorite recipes below:
- Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip >
- Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake >
- Gingerbread Freezer Fudge >
- Coconut-Covered Gingerbread Bites >
- Whole Wheat Gingerbread Bundt Cake >
Stay on track this holiday season with a meal plan from Nutrisystem! We send you healthier versions of your favorite foods to help you lose weight the delicious way. Get started today! >
Calories per Serving: 109
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 3 Extras
- 2 ½ cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ Tbsp. light butter
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp. white cookie icing
- 2 Tbsp. red and green milk chocolate candies (such as M&M's)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir to melt.
- Stir in the ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Remove from heat and stir in the crispy rice cereal.
- Pour the mixture onto wax or parchment paper and spread into one even layer. Let it cool completely to harden.
- Spray a gingerbread man cookie cutter with nonstick cooking spray. Cut out gingerbread men.
- Decorate with icing and chocolate candies.