A hearty Italian Chicken Casserole is just what you need after a long day. And with our healthy recipe, you can enjoy this delicious and filling dinner guilt-free.
Heat up the oven and whip up this casserole to enjoy with the family. Filled with nutrient-dense ingredients like chicken breast, tomatoes, cauliflower and onion, this flavor-packed dish is a menu must-try. Enjoy this Italian Chicken Casserole hot out of oven or meal prep to have a hearty dish during the week. This casserole dish can easily be stored in the fridge and is just as delicious heated up!
To make this Italian Chicken Casserole, combine tomatoes, quinoa, chicken broth, garlic herbs and salt. Spread the mixture on the bottom of a sprayed baking dish. Place chicken breast and cauliflower florets on top, cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes. Once removed from the oven, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
This protein-packed Italian chicken dish makes six servings, and each serving counts as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb and one Vegetable. Clocking in at just 202 calories per serving, this delicious dinner is a dieter’s dream. While this tasty casserole is Nutrisystem-approved and filled with nutritional value, it’s still important to log each serving in the NuMi app to ensure you’re staying on track with your weight loss goals. You can easily log each serving of this Italian Chicken Casserole right here in NuMi >
Looking for a few more hearty casserole dishes that the whole family will love? Check out our favorites below:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 202
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb and 1 Vegetable
- 1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup quinoa
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1-pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- ½ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix together tomatoes, quinoa, chicken broth, onion, garlic, herbs, and salt. Spread into prepared dish.
- Place chicken chunks and cauliflower florets in dish. Stir to combine. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Carefully remove from oven, discard aluminum foil and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes. If desired broil on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.