Lettuce is the perfect way create a healthy and low carb wrap. These Asian-inspired Chicken Lettuce Wraps are full of fiber and flavor.
Wraps are a simple and easy lunch option that have the potential to be super healthy. Making your own wrap ensures that you control the ingredients and create a diet-friendly meal that you can feel good about eating. Swapping a carb-heavy tortilla with lettuce is a great way to save on calories and carbs. It is also a creative way to get in some of your vegetable servings. In this recipe, we fill lettuce leaves with an Asian stir fry made with chicken, veggies, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce and rice vinegar.
To create this low carb lunch, get started by heating a large skillet with sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped mushrooms to the skillet and cook for about five minutes. Next add ground chicken, breaking it up into small pieces. Add chopped vegetables and spices, including onions, garlic, red bell peppers, carrots, water chestnuts, ginger, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Feel free to mix up the types of vegetables with what you have on hand in your pantry! Continue cooking and stirring frequently for another 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir chopped green onions into the mix. Lay out your lettuce wraps and spoon your chicken mixture evenly into the leaves.
Helpful Hint: One serving is three ounces of chicken or a fourth of the chicken mixture.
One serving of these Chicken Lettuce Wraps contains 198 calories and counts as one PowerFuel, one Extra and one Vegetable on the Nutrisystem program. If you’d like to add a SmartCarb to this meal, feel free to serve it over a half cup of rice. To keep track of your meals and help you reach your goals, make sure to log this recipe in the NuMi app! NuMi is our easy-to-use tracking tool that complements your Nutrisystem plan. Start tracking your way to success here >
If you enjoyed this recipe, you’ll love these other wrap ideas:
- Chicken Ranch Wraps >
- Pomegranate Chicken Salad Wraps >
- Roasted Red Pepper & Turkey Pinwheel Wraps >
- Turkey and Goat Cheese Wrap >
- Tasty Tuna Salad Wrap >
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps >
Nutrisystem strives to make simple and healthy meals that you love. Learn more about our plans here >
Calories per Serving: 198
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, chopped finely
- 12 oz. lean ground chicken, raw
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 head bibb lettuce
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add ground chicken and break up into small pieces.
- Add onion, garlic, red bell pepper, carrots, water chestnuts, ginger, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped green onions.
- Spoon chicken mixture into bibb lettuce leaves.