Oil-Free Za’atar Roasted VegetablesRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Sides
Transform your veggie side dish with flavorful spices and a little time in the oven! A trio of Brussels sprouts, cauliflower florets and red onions are covered in a delicious dusting of garlic powder, za’atar seasoning and black pepper. We roast them to perfection to create the perfect accompaniment to baked flank steak, bone-in pork chops or lemon chicken.
Haven’t heard of za’atar before? This middle eastern blend of herbs and spices is perfect on roasted veggies, grilled meat or hummus! The famous spice brand McCormick offers a za’atar seasoning in their Gourmet line that consists of thyme, oregano, sesame seeds, lemon peel and salt. However, the combination can vary from brand to brand and country to country.
One serving of these delicious, zesty veggies contains just 39 calories. It counts as one Vegetables serving on the Nutrisystem program, meaning you can enjoy as much as you’d like! Double up your portion to reach half of your required veggie servings in one sitting. Non-starchy vegetables are unlimited on our program, so you can feel free to eat as many of them as you’d like each day. They’re perfect for beating hunger and staying satisfied while you lose weight!
Pro Tip: Keep track of all of your vegetable servings in the NuMi app! It’s the perfect tool to help you stay organized throughout your weight loss journey. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app! >
Looking for more delicious veggie recipes? Check out these tasty ideas:
- Orange Ginger Roasted Carrots >
- Oil-Free Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower >
- Easy Homemade Pico de Gallo Salad >
- Tomato, Cucumber and Mint Mediterranean Salad >
- Healthy and Cheesy Cauliflower Nachos >
- Roasted Spiralized Carrots >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 39
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Vegetable
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp. za'atar seasoning
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place vegetables onto the baking sheet. Spray generously with nonstick spray. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time.