If you want to enjoy carrots at their finest, roasting them in the oven is the way to go! We put a unique twist (literally!) on classic roasted carrots by running them through a spiralizer. Check out this easy side dish that’s perfect with any homemade dinner on your Flex meal menu!
If you haven’t invested in a spiralizer yet, this handy kitchen tool should be your next purchase! It’s the perfect way to create healthy noodles and low-carb alternatives to your favorite pasta dinners.
After creating crunchy spirals of rainbow carrots, we season this healthy veggie to perfection with olive oil, onion powder and garlic powder. Next, we spread them into an even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and top them with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and chopped medjool dates. After about ten minutes in a 400 degree oven, we top them with creamy crumbles of goat cheese before digging in!
One serving of these easy, breezy Roasted Spiralized Carrots contains 126 calories. They count as one Vegetable and three Extras on the Nutrisystem program. We recommend eating four servings of non-starchy veggies each day for the best weight loss results. You can easily keep track of all of your vegetable servings with the help of our FREE NuMi app!
Looking for more creative veggie recipes? The Leaf is your one-stop healthy recipe spot! Check out the delicious and nutritious ideas below:
- Rosemary Kale Chips >
- Roasted Rosemary Beets and Carrots >
- 4-Step Chinese Garlic Eggplant >
- Roasted Green Beans & Mushrooms with Honey Balsamic Drizzle >
- Honey Balsamic Glazed Carrots >
- Maple Roasted Root Vegetables >
- Roasted Bok Choy >
- 4-Ingredient Asparagus and Mushroom Bake >
- Simple Romaine Salad >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Get started with a weight loss plan today!
Calories per Serving: 126
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Vegetable and 3 Extras
- 6 “thick” carrots, peeled
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp. goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spiralize the carrots. Mix them with the oil, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Spread the spiralized carrots across baking sheet in one layer. Top with pumpkin seeds and dates.
- Roast for 8-10 minutes until carrots are cooked and slightly crisp.
- Top with goat cheese before serving.