One Skillet Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato ChickenRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Looking for a quick and easy chicken dinner that’s loaded with flavor? You’ll love this recipe for Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Tenderloins! The chicken is tender, juicy and cooked in a creamy sauce made with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and Parmesan cheese. This would be a great dish for a busy weeknight dinner. It’s simple to make and so delicious!
This one skillet creamy sun-dried tomato chicken is a quick and easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love. Tender chicken tenderloins are dredged in a mixture of flour, parmesan cheese and garlic powder then pan-fried until golden brown. They’re simmered in a flavorful tomato sauce with sun-dried tomatoes, onion and garlic then finished with a splash of half-and-half and more parmesan cheese. Serve this creamy sun-dried tomato chicken over your favorite pasta, rice or potatoes for a complete meal. You’re going to love it!
How to Make Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Tenderloins
Do you love chicken recipes that are easy to make and require very little cleanup? If so, our One Skillet Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken recipe is definitely for you! This one pan chicken dish is a quick and easy recipe that can be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes. It’s creamy, comforting and so easy to make!
Start by mixing flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and black pepper together in a shallow bowl. Next, dredge the chicken tenderloins in the flour mixture until they’re coated. Then, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the chicken until it’s golden brown on each side and cooked through (this should take three to five minutes per side).
Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan. Now, it’s time to add chopped onions to the pan. Sauté the onions until they are soft. Next, smash a few cloves of garlic and add them to the pan along with the cherry tomatoes. Cook for about two to three minutes before adding low sodium chicken broth to deglaze the pan. Let it simmer for five minutes, then pour in half-and-half and sun-dried tomatoes. Bring the mixture to a simmer for a few minutes before mixing in parmesan cheese.
Lastly, add chicken back into the pan and let it sit for a few minutes to thicken. And that’s it! You now have a delicious One Skillet Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken dish that your whole family will love. Enjoy!
This recipe serves six people, so there’s enough to go around for the whole family! Each serving contains 220 calories.
On the Nutrisystem program? Don’t forget to log your chicken dinner in your NuMi app journal to stay on track with your weight loss meal plan. One serving of this recipe counts as two PowerFuels, one Extra and half of a Vegetable.
This protein-packed meal is perfect for pairing with your favorite SmartCarb. Complete the dish with a serving of whole grain pasta, orzo, brown rice or mashed potatoes. Watching your carbs? Go for a tasty twist on a non-starchy veggie, such zoodles (spiralized zucchini), spaghetti squash or riced cauliflower.
You can also add more vegetables to this dish to add some color and make it even more satisfying. Creamy sun-dried tomato chicken with spinach is a great combination. Other options include sliced bell peppers, mushrooms or hot peppers.
More One Pan Chicken Recipes
Make dinnertime easy with these other healthy chicken recipes that fit into your Nutrisystem plan:
Calories per Serving: 220
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 1 Extra and ½ Vegetable
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins
- 2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until golden brown on each side and fully cooked through (3-5 minutes per side). Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in the pan and add onion. Sauté until soft.
- Smash cloves of garlic and add to pan with the cherry tomatoes.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add the broth and deglaze the plan. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour in half-and-half and sundried tomatoes. Bring to a simmer for a few minutes.
- Mix in ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Add chicken and let it sit for a few minutes to thicken.