One-pan chicken dinners should be a staple on your weekly weight loss menu. They are easy to make, easy to clean up and easy to enjoy! Our One-Pan Chicken Sausage Orzo is perfect for any occasion, busy weeknights and fancy dinner parties included!
You can make any classic dish a little fancier by swapping out boring old rice with whole wheat orzo. This miniature pasta is perfect for pairing with a lean protein like chicken, turkey or fish. We combine it with chicken sausage for a flavor-packed meal that your family will love. Seasoned with garlic, olive oil and chicken broth, you can’t go wrong with this simple, one-pan dinner.
We add onions, bell peppers, spinach and canned diced tomatoes to this simple meal. However, you can feel free to add any other non-starchy veggies that you enjoy! Throw in some sliced mushrooms, chopped zucchini or spiralized carrots. The more veggies, the better! Pro Tip: We recommend eating at least four servings of non-starchy vegetables per day on the Nutrisystem program. Don’t be afraid to add extras; they are unlimited!
One serving of this balanced meal clocks in at 286 calories. It counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, one Extra and one Vegetable on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Click here to log this recipe in NuMi and stay on track with your weight loss goals! >
We know you’re busy, which is why we have plenty of one-pan recipes for your healthy diet! Check out some of our favorites below:
- One-Pan Chicken Parmesan & Green Beans >
- One-Pan Tofu Fajitas >
- One Pan Greek Fish and Vegetables >
- One-Pan Rice, Chicken and Vegetables >
- One-Pan Harissa Roasted Vegetables >
- One-Pan Paprika-Tomato Chicken and Rice >
- One-Pan Salmon, Brussels Sprouts and Squash >
Looking for more dinners made easy? Get started with a convenient meal delivery service that helps you lose weight and get healthy! Nutrisystem delivers pantry and freezer friendly options directly to your door. Learn more about our simple meal plans! >
Calories per Serving: 286
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- ¾ cup whole wheat orzo, dry
- 1 ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 oz. chicken sausage, sliced into round discs
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 1 can diced tomato, no salt added
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, bell pepper and sauté until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook until it begins to brown.
- Stir in the orzo and toast for 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low, Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and spinach leaves. Season with black pepper. Stir until spinach has wilted.