Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with Spinach QuinoaRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Simple, sophisticated and satisfying, this tilapia recipe is packed with protein and parmesan flavor. These parmesan cheese crusted filets are baked to crispy perfection and paired with a nutritious and delicious spinach quinoa side dish. While this may sound like a fancy and complicated meal, it’s actually quite easy to prepare and features many ingredients that you already have in your kitchen.
Fresh tilapia filets are drizzled in olive oil and topped with a tasty blend of parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, black pepper and parsley. While they are baking and broiling in a 400 degree oven, the simple spinach dish comes together in a snap. It features a savory combination of quinoa cooked in low-sodium vegetable broth, chopped spinach, lemon juice, black pepper and some more parmesan cheese. These two main components combine to create the perfect Sunday night supper that the whole family will love.
One serving of this Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with Spinach Quinoa contains 297 calories. It counts as one SmartCarb, one and a half PowerFuels and one Extra on the Nutrisystem plan. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app! >
Healthy Hacks: You can replace the tilapia with any type of white fish that you enjoy. Feel free to also swap the quinoa with another SmartCarb, such as brown rice, whole wheat pasta or even sweet potatoes. Watching your carbs? Skip the quinoa and serve up the tilapia with a simple bed of steamed or sautéed spinach instead! Don’t forget to enjoy your fish with a squeeze of lemon juice for some zesty, bright flavor.
Fill up on fresh and flavorful fish! Check out these other healthy fish recipes below:
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks with Tartar Sauce >
- Shrimp Stuffed Fish >
- Blackened Tilapia with Cucumber Avocado Topping >
- Air Fryer Catfish >
- Sheet Pan Pesto Salmon and Veggies >
- Cedar Plank Salmon >
- One-Pan Blackened Cod and Vegetables >
What’s your favorite way to enjoy fish? Have you invented your own healthy fish recipe that you want to share with us? Whether you enjoy salmon or tilapia, we want to hear about your tasty creations. Submit your recipe on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to be featured right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog. Click here to submit your recipes! >
Lose weight and get healthy with convenient food delivery and an easy-to-follow meal plan! Learn more about Nutrisystem >
Calories per Serving: 297
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 ½ PowerFuels and 1 Extra
- 1 lb. tilapia filets
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 cup spinach leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Pat tilapia dry and drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, black pepper and parsley. Top each filet with mixture.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Turn oven to broil and cook for about 2 minutes, or until top starts to brown.
- Spinach Quinoa
- Combine quinoa and vegetable broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add spinach, parmesan, lemon and black pepper. Serve with the tilapia.