Blackened Tilapia Recipe with Cucumber Avocado ToppingRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Fresh, filling and full of flavor, this protein-packed tilapia recipe is perfect for the warm weather season. While we love the mild taste and flaky texture of white fish, the light and refreshing homemade salsa is definitely our favorite part of this easy fish recipe. Featuring a colorful blend of chopped cucumbers, avocado, red onions, lime juice and a bit of black pepper and parsley, it’s a bright and beautiful addition to the zesty piece of blackened tilapia.
Pro Tip: You can pair our Cucumber Avocado Topping recipe with plenty of other meals! Try it over grilled chicken, steak or even another fish like salmon. You can also use it as a salad topper or pair it with air fryer tortilla chips for a healthy snack.
This Blackened Tilapia Recipe makes four servings, so it’s a great option when you need to feed the whole family. One serving contains just 210 calories and counts as one PowerFuel and three Extras on Nutrisystem. It’s also high in protein, with over 20 grams per serving (22.5 to be exact)! Log this protein-packed meal in your NuMi app journal to stay on track with your Nutrisystem weight loss plan. Click here to quickly log it in NuMi! >
This dish is low carb all on it’s on, but you can easily add a SmartCarb to the mix if you want to pump up the fiber! We think brown rice , whole wheat pasta or half of a baked sweet potato would work wonderfully. Want to keep it low carb? Our Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice recipe is the perfect side dish to help you get in your veggies!
Hungry for more healthy fish recipes? We’ve got plenty of diet-friendly ideas for your weight loss plan! Check out some of our favorite fabulous and “fintastic” fish recipes below:
- Shrimp Stuffed Fish >
- Blackened Fish Sandwich >
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks with Tartar Sauce >
- Sushi Tuna Tower >
- One-Pan Blackened Cod and Vegetables >
- Easy 3-Step Fried Tuna Patties >
- Spicy Teriyaki Tuna Steak >
- Miso Salmon with Kale and Beets >
- Tasty Tilapia Tacos >
- Sheet Pan Pesto Salmon and Veggies >
- Cedar Plank Salmon >
Have you invented your own favorite fish recipe that’s too good to keep to yourself? Share the deliciousness by sharing your recipe on our Recipe Submission page! You could have your recipe featured right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog for others to enjoy. Click here to submit your recipe! >
Eat healthy and lose weight with an easy-to-follow meal plan delivered directly to your door! Learn more about Nutrisystem programs >
Calories per Serving: 210
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 3 Extras
- 1 lb. tilapia filets
- 3 Tbsp. light butter
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ avocado, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix the blackened seasoning ingredients together.
- Coat both sides of the fish with the blackened seasoning.
- In another small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the cucumber avocado topping. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet set to medium-high heat. Add fish and cook for 3 minutes per side, or until fully cooked.
- Plate the fish and top with cucumber avocado topping.