5-Ingredient Salmon Rice Bowl RecipeRecipe posted in:
Looking to make an easy salmon recipe that’s rich in healthy fats, protein and flavor? Try this healthy Salmon Rice Bowl recipe today! It’s filled with crunchy bell peppers, filling brown or wild rice, hearty salmon and fresh citrus slices. Whether you need a quick lunch or a light and refreshing dinner, it’s the perfect meal!
Salmon Rice Bowls Make Meal Prep Simple
This shredded salmon rice bowl is a great meal prep option. It’s easy to prep the ingredients in bulk and assemble meals for the week! The recipe makes four servings but you can easily double or triple it if you’re cooking for the whole family.
Rice is one of the easiest foods to cook ahead. You can also chop up the bell peppers and oranges in advance, then keep them in containers in the fridge so they are ready to assemble whenever hunger strikes.
To make this rice bowl with salmon, heat olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add chopped red bell peppers and cook for two minutes.
Push the bell peppers to the outer edge of the skillet and place the salmon in the center. Cook for about two to three minutes per side. When it’s done, remove the salmon from the skillet and flake or shred it using a fork.
Next, pour the cooked rice into the skillet with the red bell peppers. Add the shredded salmon and chopped orange segments to the skillet. Finally, season the meal with olive oil, orange juice and black pepper to taste. Give it a toss to combine the ingredients and serve or package up your meals into induvial containers.
As we mentioned above, this Five-Ingredient Salmon Rice Bowl Recipe makes four servings. Each serving contains 323 calories. If you’re on Nutrisystem, you can log it into your NuMi app journal as one SmartCarb and two PowerFuels. It’s the perfect Flex diner!
Like most power bowls, this simple Salmon Rice Bowl is easy to make your own. Customize it with your favorite healthy swaps and additions. Choose the rice that you love most; brown, red, wild or a blend of all three would all be tasty options.
Not a fan of salmon? Swap it out with another favorite fish that you enjoy. You could even use chicken or beef instead!
Finally, feel free to get creative with your Free Foods and Extras! Make a spicy salmon rice bowl with low-calorie spices like cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes. Add an Extra by making a salmon avocado rice bowl with one tablespoon of avocado. (Pro Tip: 1/3 of a medium avocado can also count as a PowerFuel on Nutrisystem!)
More Healthy Salmon Recipes
Salmon is a delicious PowerFuel that’s filled with protein and healthy fats. Add more of this superfood seafood to your weight loss menu with these nutritious and delicious recipes:
- One-Pan Maple Glazed Salmon >
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon >
- Simple Smoked Salmon and Spinach Frittata >
- Grilled Feta Salmon Burger >
- Healthy Lemon Salmon Pasta >
- Hot Honey Salmon >
- Sheet Pan Pesto Salmon and Veggies >
Looking for a simple seafood dinner without all the meal prep? Try the protein-packed, premium Grain-Crusted Pollock With Vegetables from Nutrisystem! It’s ready to enjoy in just seven minutes: No need to add your own vegetables or sides! Try it out here. >
Calories per Serving: 323
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 2 PowerFuels
- 1 lb. salmon
- 1 ½ cups cooked rice (i.e. brown, red, wild, blend)
- 2 oranges, 1 peeled, segmented and chopped; 1 juiced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Optional: Black pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add red bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Push the bell peppers to the outer edge of the skillet. Place the salmon in the center. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove salmon and flake using a fork.
- Pour cooked rice into the skillet with red bell peppers. Add shredded salmon and chopped orange segments.
- Season with olive oil and orange juice. Add black pepper to taste, if desired. Toss to combine and serve.