Healthy Lemon Salmon Pasta RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Add some variety to your pasta night with our Healthy Lemon Salmon Pasta recipe! This nutritious dish combines the simplicity of a healthy seafood dinner with the satisfying ability of a hearty homestyle meal.
If you’re looking for some spring recipe inspiration, this plate of pasta will not disappoint. Fresh basil and lemons provide you with the fresh flavors of spring, while salmon, asparagus tips and whole wheat pasta provide the protein, fiber and nutrition you need.
Just because this lemon salmon pasta dish is worthy of a fancy occasion doesn’t mean that it’s complicated to make! It’s filled with simple, wholesome ingredients and only requires a few easy steps.
The meal starts out with a greased baking sheet and an oven preheated to 350 degrees. Simply place your salmon and asparagus tips onto the baking sheet and spray them with nonstick cooking spray. Add a sprinkle of black pepper, then bake them for about 15 minutes or until they are fully cooked.
Chop up the cooked salmon into bite-sized pieces and place it into a large serving bowl with cooked whole wheat pasta, lemon juice and zest, chopped fresh basil, minced garlic, olive oil and the cooked asparagus tips. Finish off this healthy lemon salmon pasta with dusting of parmesan cheese.
Pro Tip: You can enjoy this meal immediately or serve it chilled for a refreshing spring dinner. You can also try making this Healthy Lemon Salmon Pasta recipe into a salmon pasta salad! Just pick a classic pasta shape like macaroni, rotini or penne, then put the dish in the fridge to chill before serving. You can also add in some raw non-starchy veggies like chopped cucumbers, cherry tomato halves and sliced bell peppers for extra crunch and fiber.
This Healthy Lemon Salmon Pasta recipe makes four servings, with each serving clocking in at 301 calories. If you’re on Nutrisystem, you can log this recipe as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels and one Extra in the NuMi app.
Fresh seafood dinners like salmon are perfect for spring and summer. They pack in the protein while remaining light, healthy and nutritious. Check out these other warm weather salmon recipes that fit into your Nutrisystem plan:
- Hot Honey Salmon >
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon >
- Salmon Sushi Bowl >
- Salmon Burger with Herb Cream Sauce >
- Old Bay Salmon Cakes >
- Simple Smoked Salmon and Spinach Frittata >
- Spicy Smoked Salmon Roll >
- Blueberry Glazed Salmon >
Nutrisystem makes dinnertime easy with fully prepared meals delivered to your door! Start your weight loss journey with Nutrisystem.
Calories per Serving: 301
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels and 1 Extra
- 1 lb. salmon
- 2 cups whole wheat pasta, cooked
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup asparagus tips
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place salmon and asparagus tips on a greased baking sheet. Spray asparagus and salmon with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with black pepper. Cook for 15 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Chopped salmon into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large serving bowl, combine pasta, lemon zest and juice, chopped basil, garlic, olive oil, cooked asparagus and chopped salmon.
- Top with parmesan cheese. Serve warm or chilled.