Simple Smoked Salmon and Spinach Frittata RecipeRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Main Courses
Wake up to a beautiful baked breakfast! Simple and satisfying ingredients come together to create this low carb Smoked Salmon and Spinach Frittata Recipe that’s packed with savory and smoky flavor. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or even lunch, this healthy meal is an egg-cellent addition to your Easter menu.
Despite looking like a fancy brunch, this frittata recipe is quite simple to make. Simply sauté some garlic, scallions and frozen spinach in olive oil and combine it with whisked eggs, cottage cheese, pepper and dill. Pour the mixture into a greased pie dish and top with chopped smoked salmon. Throw your frittata into a 400 degree oven for about 25 to 35 minutes until it’s set. Slice it up into eight equal servings and dig into a wonderful, warm breakfast that’s perfect for any holiday or Sunday morning.
One serving of this Simple Smoked Salmon and Spinach Frittata recipe contains just 93 calories! You can log it as one PowerFuel in your NuMi app journal. That means you can enjoy it with a SmartCarb to create a full Flex meal: Think whole grain bread, oatmeal or fresh fruit. Better yet, whip up our brunch-inspired Mixed Triple Berry Scone recipe to enjoy afterwards! Sounds like a perfect healthy Easter meal that you can feel good about eating.
Salmon can make any meal feel like you’re dining at a five-star restaurant. Check out these other healthy salmon recipes that fit into your weight loss plan:
- Cedar Plank Salmon >
- Old Bay Salmon Cakes >
- Instant Pot Salmon with Chili Lime Sauce >
- Pistachio Crusted Salmon with Asparagus and Rice >
- Sheet Pan Pesto Salmon and Veggies >
- Salmon Burger with Herb Cream Sauce >
- Miso Salmon with Kale and Beets >
- Salmon Tahini Power Bowl >
Do you have your own favorite salmon or egg recipe that you want to share with us? We love hearing about what you’re cooking up at home! Our members and followers have so many tasty ideas that we created a special recipe section just for their creations. Submit your unique, homemade recipes on our Recipe Submission page. You could have your recipe featured right here on The Leaf. Click here to submit your recipes! >
Lose weight and get healthy with delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners delivered directly to your door! Nutrisystem is here for you with convenient, perfectly portioned meals and a simple weight loss plan. Get started with Nutrisystem today! >
Calories per Serving: 93
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel
- 3 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 5 oz. smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill
- 1 ½ cup frozen spinach
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a pie dish and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet to medium-high heat. Add garlic and scallions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until soft.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, cottage cheese, pepper and dill.
- Pour spinach and scallion mixture into the eggs.
- Pour the eggs into the pie pan. Top with chopped smoked salmon.
- Cook for about 25-35 minutes or until just set. Cut into wedges and serve warm.