Miso Salmon with Kale and BeetsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Superfoods unite in this seafood dinner fit for a special occasion. Savory miso salmon, sweet beets and hearty kale create a nutritious and colorful plate.
With every bite of this delicious dish, you will be filling your body with probiotics, healthy omega-3 fatty acids and high-quality protein. Miso is a fermented soybean paste that brings a rich savory flavor and beneficial probiotics, says Healthline. Probiotics are said to improve digestion and boost the immune system. According to Medical News Today, salmon also brings a wide range of health benefits due to its high content of omega-3’s. Despite being under 300 calories per serving, this dinner is definitely not short on flavor or nutrition.
To make this miso-glazed salmon supper, get started with the veggies by sautéing onions and garlic in olive oil over medium-heat. Add quartered beets to the skillet and cook until they’re soft. Throw in some kale and continue cooking until it’s wilted. Once finished, set aside the vegetables and prepare the miso glaze and salmon. Grab a mixing bowl and combine the glaze ingredients, then spread half of the mixture onto your salmon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve on a plate with cooked vegetables and drizzle on the remaining miso glaze.
One serving of this Miso Salmon with Kale and Beets contains 236 calories and counts as one PowerFuel, three Extras and one Vegetable on the Nutrisystem program. If you’d like to add a SmartCarb, feel free to serve your salmon and veggies over some quinoa or brown rice. To help you keep track of your meals and snacks, make sure to log this recipe in the NuMi app! NuMi is our easy-to-use online tracking tool that complements your Nutrisystem program. Click here to get started with your FREE NuMi journal >
Craving more salmon? Try cooking up these other healthy dinners:
- One Pan Salmon, Brussels Sprouts and Squash >
- Blueberry Glazed Salmon >
- Salmon Tahini Power Bowl >
- Salmon Burger with Herb Cream Sauce >
- Crispy Salmon with Pomegranate Salsa >
- Salmon Sushi Bowl >
- Asian Salmon Bowl with Cauliflower Rice >
Lose weight while enjoying healthy meals and snacks from Nutrisystem! Learn more about our meal plans >
Calories per Serving: 236
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 3 Extras and 1 Vegetable
- 2 cups beets, trimmed and quartered
- 4 cups kale
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 10 oz. salmon
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- Black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup white miso paste
- 1 tsp. gingerroot, grated
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. hot water
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add beets to skillet and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until soft, stirring frequently.
- Add in kale and cook until wilted. Season with black pepper. Set aside.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a bowl. Spread half of the mixture on salmon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake salmon at 375°F for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with kale and beets. Drizzle with remaining miso-ginger glaze.