Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and VeggiesRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Are you tired of spending hours in the kitchen preparing dinner every night? Want a healthy and tasty meal that requires minimal effort and delivers maximum flavor? This recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Veggies is your solution!
Packed with protein, fiber and plenty of fresh herbs, this one-pan meal is perfect for busy weeknights when you want to get dinner on the table fast. Featuring juicy chicken sausage, tender green beans, hearty sweet potatoes and an array of aromatic herbs and spices, this chicken sausage sheet pan is sure to become a new family favorite. Plus, with just a handful of simple ingredients and a sheet pan, it’s easy to make and clean up. So, let’s get cooking!
An Easy Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
Get your oven preheating to 400 degrees and get ready for a delicious dinner! This sheet pan sausage and potatoes comes together in a snap. Start by tossing diced sweet potatoes in a tasty combination of olive oil, fresh rosemary, thyme and black pepper. Spread them out on a sheet pan before popping it into the preheated oven. Roast them for 20 minutes until they become golden-brown perfection.
Now it’s time for another flavor dance! Drizzle some more of that olive oil over green beans before mixing them with additional herbs. Add chicken sausage slices to the party platter, then throw everything back into the hot oven. Bake for an additional 20 minutes until crispy perfection is achieved. Serve warm and enjoy this flavorful symphony of tastes!
This recipe makes two servings, so it’s perfect for sharing with a friend, roommate, weight loss partner or significant other! If you’re on a Nutrisystem weight loss plan, just make sure to log this meal in the NuMi app. Each serving contains 215 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, one Extra and one Vegetable serving.
Sheet pan dinners are a favorite for busy weeknights because they are easy to prepare, healthy and require minimal cleanup. The combination of chicken sausage and vegetables is always a winning one, and the possibilities for different combinations are endless. Try some of these ideas to make your sheet pan dinner with sausage and veggies even more exciting!
- Mediterranean-style: Combine chicken sausage with eggplant, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and bell peppers seasoned with oregano, garlic and paprika. Serve with a side of hummus or couscous for a complete meal.
- Taco-inspired: Mix chicken sausage with red, yellow and orange bell peppers, red onion, and zucchini seasoned with cumin, chili powder and lime juice. Serve with a side of guacamole, salsa or black beans for a Mexican-inspired meal.
- Italian-style: Combine chicken sausage with broccoli, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and garlic seasoned with basil, oregano and Parmesan cheese. Toss in some cooked pasta, and you’ve got a complete meal that’s perfect for carb lovers.
- Asian-inspired: Mix chicken sausage with snow peas, bell peppers, carrots, and mushrooms seasoned with soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Serve with brown rice or quinoa, and garnish with sliced green onions or sesame seeds for a hint of crunch.
- Fall-inspired: Combine chicken sausage with Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, and apples seasoned with cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup. Serve with a side of roasted root vegetables, and you’ve got a hearty and satisfying meal perfect for cooler weather.
With these easy and flavorful combinations, you can create a healthy and satisfying sausage and veggie sheet pan that your whole family will love. The best part? You can customize the ingredients and seasonings based on what you have on hand, making sheet pan dinners a budget-friendly and versatile mealtime solution. Consult the Nutrisystem Grocery Guide for grocery add-in ideas and serving sizes!
More Healthy Sheet Pan Dinners
Calories per Serving: 215
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 2 cups green beans
- 3 oz. chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped and divided
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, divided
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss sweet potatoes in 1 teaspoon of olive oil and some of the seasonings. Place on a sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Toss the green beans in the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil and seasonings. Place on the sheet pan along with the chicken sausage.
- Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.