Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup with Black Eyed PeasRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses, Sides
Happy YOU Year! Celebrate 2022 the healthy way with a nourishing soup that supports your weight loss resolutions. Featuring a medley of vegetables, savory broth and flavorful spices, this slow cooker black eyed peas recipe is the ultimate dinner to ring in the New Year!
There’s nothing better than a warm and comforting slow cooker recipe during the winter season. Not only are they hot and hearty, but they are also super easy to whip up! Just toss in the ingredients, set it and forget it until it’s time to eat. This recipe for Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup with Black Eyed Peas consists of only two easy steps.
Clocking in at just 153 calories per serving, you can enjoy a traditional New Year’s meal that provides you with fiber and nutrients. Just don’t forget to keep track of it in your NuMi journal to start your resolutions on the right track! NuMi will help you keep your meal plan organized with an easy-to-use food journal, while also providing a place to track your progress and easily find healthy recipes. You can log this black eyed peas recipe in your NuMi journal as one SmartCarb and one Vegetable.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes for your winter menu? Check out these other healthy ideas:
- Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken Breast >
- Slow Cooker Roasted Turkey >
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Vegetables >
- Easy Slow Cooker Taco Soup with Ground Beef >
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Chicken Stew >
- Slow Cooker Brisket Chili >
- Slow Cooker Moroccan Lentil Soup >
Start 2022 on the right track with a convenient meal delivery service that helps you lose weight and get healthy! Learn more about Nutrisystem >
Calories per Serving: 153
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Vegetable
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 cup vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 1 15-oz. can black eyed peas, low sodium
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. paprika
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Place all ingredients except for the lemon juice and parsley into a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Stir in lemon juice and garnish with parsley before serving.