Sweet and delicious strawberries layered with graham crackers and a thick yogurt cream filling? Count us in! This Strawberry Lemon Icebox Cake is created with only six ingredients and four steps. It’s a dessert win on your healthy diet for many reasons—the most important being its deliciousness.
Never heard of an icebox cake before? Basically, the term refers to a dessert consisting of whipped cream and chocolate wafers. And while this ice box cake doesn’t consist of either of these ingredients, it pays homage to the tasty treat in a healthier way.
The only ingredients needed to create this heavenly sweet treat are graham crackers, Greek yogurt, lemon, Stevia, vanilla extract and strawberries. Not only is this Strawberry Icebox Cake satisfying, it’s also packed with strawberries to pump up the nutritional value. It’s a flex snack win on your Nutrisystem meal plan!
To kick off the creation of this delectable dessert, you’ll line a cake dish with plastic wrap (make sure it overhangs on the edges!). Combine yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, Stevia and vanilla extract to create the cream filling. Line the bottom of the cake dish with the graham cracker sheets, spread the cream filling on top, place the sliced strawberries on top of the cream filling and repeat these steps to create a second layer. Wrap the cake with overhanging plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours.
Heading to a party? This is the perfect dessert to throw together, put in the fridge and go about your day—it will be ready just in time to grab on your way out the door!
This cake is just 152 calories per serving and counts as one SmartCarb and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Be sure to log your Strawberry Icebox Cake in your NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. You can easily log your cake right here in the NuMi app >
Calories per Serving: 152
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 8 low-fat graham cracker sheets
- 1 ½ cups nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tsp. Stevia
- 1 tsp. vanilla extra
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Line a small dish with plastic wrap. Allow plastic wrap to overhang on the edge.
- In a bowl, mix together yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, Stevia and vanilla extract.
- Line bottom of pan with two graham cracker sheets. Spread 1/3 of yogurt mixture on top of graham crackers. Top with sliced strawberries and 2 graham crackers sheets. Repeat, layering twice. Top with remaining 2 graham cracker sheets.
- Using plastic wrap overhang, wrap the cake and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, Cut lengthwise into about five, one-inch slices.