Christmas is almost here, which means it’s time to start thinking about menus! These Cranberry Orange Ricotta Crepes are a light and easy way to celebrate the holiday season. They’re perfect for a Christmas breakfast or brunch. Best of all, they’re simple enough to make even if you’re not a culinary expert. So if you’re looking for something different this year, give these crepes a try!
Crepes are one of our favorite things to make. We love all the different combinations you can come up with, and this Cranberry Orange Ricotta Crepes recipe is no exception!
Cranberry Orange Ricotta Crepes are the perfect healthy breakfast for a winter morning. These crepes are loaded with protein and fiber, so they’ll keep you feeling full all morning long. If you’re on a Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log each serving as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and two Extras in your NuMi app journal.
All you need is a few simple ingredients to make them, and you can have a delicious, filling breakfast in no time! The orange flavor really shines through and perfectly complements the tart cranberries and rich, creamy ricotta cheese. They’re also super easy to prepare!
How to Make Whole Wheat Crepes
Get started by making the whole wheat crepes. Simply whisk together one cup of whole wheat flour, one egg, one teaspoon of white sugar, one cup of unsweetened almond milk and one tablespoon of canola oil.
Next, prep a medium to large pan with nonstick cooking spray and set the heat to medium. Add a quarter of the crepe batter and swirl the pan so that the batter coats the surface. Cook the crepe for two to three minutes per side. Move it to a plate and repeat this process with the remaining batter. Make sure to use nonstick cooking spray in between making each crepe!
Preparing the Ricotta Cheese Filling and Sauce
Next, you need to prepare the creamy orange ricotta cheese filling for the center of your crepes. Simply mix together one cup of part skim ricotta cheese, one tablespoon of white sugar and one teaspoon of orange zest.
Set the filling aside and prepare a homemade orange cranberry sauce. Add two cups of cranberries, two tablespoons of water, two tablespoons of white sugar and the juice of half an orange to a pot. Cook the sauce over medium heat until the cranberries burst and soften. Add more water to thin out the sauce as needed.
To assemble your beautiful crepes, place a spoonful of the ricotta mixture into the center of each crepe and roll them up. Top each crepe with warm cranberry sauce before serving.
Whether you’re looking for something festive and seasonal, or just want a delicious breakfast option that’s a little bit different, these crepes are definitely worth trying!
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Baked Blueberry French Toast Casserole >
- Ham and Spinach Quiche >
- Mushroom and Spinach Egg Bake >
- French Onion Breakfast Naan Flatbread >
- Baked Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Muffins >
- Spring Asparagus Frittata >
- 3-Step Chai Baked Oatmeal >
Calories per Serving: 216
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, part skim
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 2 cups cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. white sugar
- ½ orange, juiced
- Whisk together crepe ingredients.
- Spray a medium to large pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set to medium heat on the stove.
- Add ¼ of the crepe batter and swirl pan so that batter coats the surface.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside and repeat with remaining batter, using nonstick cooking spray in between.
- Mix together ricotta, orange zest and sugar. Set aside.
- Add cranberries, water, sugar and orange juice to a pot. Cook over medium heat until cranberries burst and soften. Add more water to thin out as needed.
- Place a spoonful of the ricotta mixture into the center of each crepe and roll up. Top with cranberry sauce.