Quiches are a great way to serve a nutritional breakfast for a small group. Our Ham and Spinach Quiche recipe features a classic combination that’s simple, cheesy and perfect for Easter brunch. Low-fat ham, shredded Swiss cheese and spinach leaves come together in a flavorful mixture of egg whites, nonfat milk, chopped onions and minced garlic. Baked to creamy perfection inside of a crispy whole wheat crust, your holiday guests will be begging you for this healthy ham quiche recipe after just one taste!
A Healthy Ham and Spinach Quiche Recipe
The first step to preparing this Easter quiche recipe is preparing the quiche crust. To make it, combine all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour in a mixing bowl. Cut in cold, light butter until the dough is coarse. Mix in reduced fat sour cream, olive oil and cold water, then shape the dough into a ball. Wrap it in plastic and put it in the fridge for at least one hour.
Next, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and remove the dough from the fridge. Roll it out into a circulate shape on a floured surface. Place the dough into a greased nine-inch pan and cut off any excess dough around the edges. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, heat some olive oil in a sauté pan set to medium-high heat. Sauté chopped onions and minced garlic, then add in low-fat ham and spinach leaves. Cook the mixture until the spinach is wilted.
In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites and nonfat milk. Add in the ham mixture with some black pepper and shredded Swiss cheese. Mix everything together and pour the mixture into the pre-baked pie crust. Bake the Ham and Spinach Quiche for 40 to 50 minutes until the middle is done and set. Slice and serve this special seasonal quiche!
This ham and Swiss quiche recipe makes six servings. Each serving contains 314 calories. On the Nutrisystem program? Don’t forget to log your breakfast in the NuMi app to start your day on the right track. Each serving counts as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels and one Extra.
The best part about quiche recipes is that they are easy to customize! You can swap out certain ingredients with different versions that you enjoy more or have on hand. For example, if you don’t like Swiss cheese, you can use sharp white cheddar or mozzarella. Not a fan of spinach? Add in your favorite non-starchy veggies, such as tomatoes, mushrooms or bell peppers. Ham can also be replaced with low-sodium turkey bacon or sausage.
More Easy Egg Recipes
Eggs are one of our favorite PowerFuels here at Nutrisystem. Add these protein-packed packages to your weight loss menu to stay full and satisfied! Check out these healthy and delicious egg recipes that are Nutrisystem-approved:
- Spring Asparagus Frittata >
- Leek Mushroom Quiche with Quinoa Crust >
- Baked Egg and Toast Cups >
- Yellow Summer Squash Frittata >
- Simple Smoked Salmon and Spinach Frittata >
- Cauliflower Breakfast Hash Skillet >
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burrito >
- Air Fryer Frittata >
Calories per Serving: 314
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels and 1 Extra
- 4 oz. ham, low fat, low sodium
- ¾ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 8 egg whites
- Black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. light butter, cold
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream, reduced fat
- 3 Tbsp. cold water
- To make the crust, combine flours. Cut in the butter until the dough is coarse.
- Mix in sour cream, 2 tablespoons of oil and water. Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic, and put in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove dough from the fridge and roll out into a circular shape on a floured surface.
- Place the dough into a greased 9-inch pan. Cut off any excess dough around the edges. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a sauté pan set to medium-high heat. Sauté the onions and garlic. Add ham and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and milk and whisk. Add ham, onion, garlic and spinach. Add black pepper and cheese. Mix all together.
- Pour egg mixture into pre-baked pie crust. Bake for 40-50 minutes until the middle is done and set.