Leek Mushroom Quiche with Quinoa CrustRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Main Courses
Make spring veggies that star of your Easter brunch with this Leek Mushroom Quiche recipe! Complete with a crispy, gluten-free quinoa crust, creamy goat cheese and flavorful eggs, this seasonal breakfast dish is made extra special with in-season veggies that are at their peak.
A Lightened-Up Leek and Mushroom Quiche
Leeks and mushrooms are two tasty spring vegetables that pair perfectly together in this healthy holiday recipe. Leeks add an oniony flavor, while mushrooms provide a meaty texture and some earthiness. Upgrade your Easter egg dishes with these two tasty, seasonal foods for a delicious meal that will impress your guests!
We love these two veggies together in this creamy and soft quiche recipe that’s rich in flavor yet light and fluffy. The quinoa crust adds a crispy texture to the base of this healthy quiche, making it naturally gluten-free and rich in protein and fiber.
Creamy goat cheese adds a rich decadence that makes this meal feel extra fancy. A combination of whole eggs, egg whites and nonfat milk rounds out this easy leek mushroom quiche recipe for a hearty and healthy meal you can feel good about!
This Leek and Mushroom Quiche recipe makes six servings. Each serving contains 233 calories.
If you’re on the Nutrisystem program, you can count your slice as half of a SmartCarb, one and a half PowerFuels, one Extra and half of a Vegetable serving. Be sure to log it in your NuMi app journal to stay on track with your healthy weight loss plan this Easter holiday!
Feel free to swap out the mushrooms or leeks with another vegetable that you enjoy or have on hand. For example, leeks could be replaced with onions, which have a similar taste but are easier to find in your local grocery store.
You could also substitute the goat cheese with another cheese that you enjoy. Fresh mozzarella would be just as delicious!
More Easy Easter Brunch Recipes
From eggs and pancakes to scones and waffles, we’ve got plenty of healthy breakfast and brunch recipes for your Easter menu. Check out some of our favorites below:
- Mini Pancake Bites >
- Blackberry Cheese Blintz >
- Cheesy Pizza Waffles >
- French Onion Breakfast Naan Flatbread >
- Mixed Triple Berry Scones >
- Simple Smoked Salmon and Spinach Frittata >
- Herb Ricotta Cheese Scones >
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes >
- Cheddar Jalapeno Waffles >
Calories per Serving: 233
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ SmartCarb, 1 ½ PowerFuels, 1 Extra and ½ Vegetable
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 oz. (~6 Tbsp.) goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the quinoa crust ingredients. Press the mixture into a greased pie dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook for 8-12 minutes, until soft. Remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook for 6-8 minutes, until soft.
- Whisk together whole eggs, egg whites, milk and black pepper.
- Distribute the cooked leeks and mushrooms over the bottom of the quinoa crust. Sprinkle goat cheese over the vegetables. Pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake the quiche for 35 minutes, until center is cooked.