When Thanksgiving is over and you have a fridge filled with leftovers, turn those extras into a meal prep marvel with our Cranberry Turkey Stuffed Sweet Potato.
Your holiday leftovers are about to make your week much easier. All of the Thanksgiving preparation, cooking and clean up you will have done will come in handy for more than just one meal. The surplus of food sitting in your fridge is a goldmine for your meal prep. Lean turkey, baked sweet potatoes and cooked veggie sides are simple staples that can be turned into a healthy Flex meal. We took your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers and stuffed them into a sweet and savory sweet potato that fits into your Nutrisystem program.
This lovely leftover lunch is super simple to make. Get started by piercing a raw sweet potato with a fork, then microwave it for about five minutes. Once the potato is finished cooking, cut it in half lengthwise and mash up the flesh. Grab a spoon and top the potato with leftover turkey, sautéed spinach, goat cheese and cranberry sauce.
One serving of this Cranberry Turkey Stuffed Sweet Potato contains 184 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, one Extra and half of a Vegetable serving on the Nutrisystem program. After a holiday, it’s important to keep track of your meals and snacks to prevent overeating. NuMi is the perfect online tracking tool to help you stay on plan. Click here to log your stuffed sweet potato in NuMi >
Don’t let those leftovers go to waste. Get creative with these other delicious recipes:
- Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole >
- Fall Pasta Salad >
- Sweet and Spicy Turkey Jerky >
- Roasted Red Pepper & Turkey Pinwheel Wraps >
- Thanksgiving Breakfast Cups >
- Cauliflower Sweet Potato Soup >
- Farro Roasted Vegetable Salad >
- Turkey Cranberry Salad >
One holiday indulgence shouldn’t hold you back from reaching your weight loss goals. Get back on track with healthy meals and snacks from Nutrisystem! Learn more about our meal plans >
Calories per Serving: 184
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra and 1/2 Vegetable
- 1 medium sweet potato, raw
- 2 oz. leftover turkey
- 1 oz. goat cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 Tbsp. cranberry sauce
- Pierce sweet potato with a fork. Microwave on HIGH until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Cut potato in half lengthwise. Mash up the flesh of the potato.
- Steam or sauté spinach until wilted.
- In each sweet potato half, spoon in 1 ounce of turkey, half the spinach and ½ ounce of goat cheese. Top with 1 tablespoon of cranberry sauce.