Green Veggie BurgerRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to add more vegetables into your diet, there’s no denying that veggie burgers have come a long way. The options are endless – there’s a different flavor and texture for everyone! In this recipe, we’ll teach you how to make an irresistible and healthy Green Veggie Burger that packs in the flavor and nutrition.
No matter if you’re already accustomed to eating healthily or are just getting started on your wellness journey, this recipe will provide a delightfully satisfying meal without sacrificing flavor. It’s an easy, delicious way to make sure you’re getting your greens.
How to Make a Green Veggie Burger
If you’re looking for a tasty and nutritious alternative to beef burgers, look no further! Start by blending rolled oats until they resemble flour. Then add in some green peas, chickpeas, egg white, spinach and broccoli before seasoning with minced garlic, Italian herbs and black pepper. Pulse it all together just enough to break it up into pieces.
Form the mixture into patties, then pop them on a greased baking tray in the fridge for half-an-hour or so. Cook each side of your veggie burgers at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Toast whole wheat buns, then top with lettuce plus your freshly cooked patty. Don’t forget slices of onion, mashed avocado and salsa verde – yum!
This recipe makes four servings. Each serving contains 336 calories. If you’re on Nutrisystem, be sure to log it in your NuMi app journal as one PowerFuel, two SmartCarbs and half of a Vegetable serving.
More Healthy Burger Recipes
- Jalapeno Cheddar Burger >
- Turkey Burger Patty Melt >
- Lettuce Wrapped Mushroom and Swiss Burger >
- Salmon Burger with Herb Cream Sauce >
- Italian Turkey and Mozzarella Burger >
- Grilled Feta Salmon Burger >
Healthy Veggie Burger Recipes
Calories per Serving: 336
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 2 SmartCarbs and ½ Vegetable
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ cup chickpeas
- ½ cup frozen spinach, thawed
- ½ cup frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ cup rolled oats, dry
- 1 egg white
- ¼ tsp. Italian seasoning
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ¼ cup salsa verde
- 3-4 slices red onion
- 4 green lettuce leaves
- Place oats in a blender or food processor. Process until flour-like.
- Add in the remaining burger ingredients. Pulse a few times to break up into pieces.
- Form the mixture into 4 equal-sized burger patties. Place them onto a greased baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray tops of patties with cooking spray. Cook for 15 minutes, flip and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Toast burger buns. Top them with lettuce, veggie burger, avocado, salsa verde and red onion. Top with the top bun and serve immediately.