Looking for a healthy and light summer salad? This Spicy Grilled Shrimp Salad is perfect! It’s easy to make, and full of delicious grilled shrimp, fresh veggies and sweet pineapple. Plus, the spices and jalapeno add a bit of kick. Give it a try today!
If you’re searching for new ways to enjoy seafood, this spicy grilled shrimp salad is a real winner. It’s packed with flavor, and the shrimp are cooked to perfection. Plus, it’s great for a light and healthy summer lunch or dinner.
An Easy Salad With Grilled Shrimp
Shrimp is a great source of protein, making it perfect for a healthy diet. This recipe for Spicy Grilled Shrimp Salad is simple to make. The salad is light and refreshing, loaded with fresh vegetables and shrimp cooked in a spicy marinade. Thanks to the delicious marinade, the shrimp are juicy and have an amazing flavor that you will love. So, if you’re looking for a tasty and healthy meal, be sure to try this recipe for Spicy Grilled Shrimp Salad. You won’t regret it!
To make the salad, start by marinating the shrimp in a mixture of olive oil and spices for about 30 minutes. We made our shrimp marinade zesty and savory with a combination of chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder and oregano.
While the shrimp is marinating, spray a jalapeno and some pineapple with zero-calorie cooking spray. Toss them on the grill until they are slightly charred. (You could also cook them in an air fryer). Chop the grilled jalapeno (removing some seeds) and dice the grilled pineapple. Once the shrimp is ready, grill them for a few minutes per side, until charred and fully cooked through.
To assemble salad, grab a serving bowl and combine the grilled jalapeno and pineapple with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, red onion, corn, avocado and cilantro. Top the salad with the grilled shrimp. Finally, whisk together lime juice and olive oil to make a simple dressing and drizzle it over the salad. Toss, serve and enjoy!
This Spicy Grilled Shrimp Salad can be served immediately or chilled in the fridge for later. It’s a simple yet flavor-packed dish that will leave you feeling satisfied and refreshed. So, next time you are looking for a healthy and easy meal to make, give this recipe a try!
The recipe makes four servings. Each serving contains 303 calories. On Nutrisystem? Don’t forget to log your Spicy Grilled Shrimp Salad in your NuMi app journal. It counts as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, one Vegetable serving and half of an Extra.
Like most salads, you can easily customize this one based on what you enjoy or what you have on hand in your kitchen. Swap the grilled shrimp with another grilled protein that you enjoy. Tweak the marinade with your favorite spices and herbs. Replace the non-starchy veggies with other options, such as bell peppers or zucchini. Better yet, add more for another veggie serving!
Non-starchy vegetables are unlimited on Nutrisystem, so you can always add more if you’re hungry. Learn more about veggies on Nutrisystem here in this article! >
More Grilled Seafood Recipes for Summer
Get grilling this season with the other summer-inspired grilled seafood recipes below.
- Grilled Marinated Swordfish Recipe >
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon >
- Grilled Shrimp and Scallop Skewers >
- Creamy Green Gazpacho with Grilled Shrimp >
- Grilled Feta Salmon Burger >
- Grilled Rosemary Halibut Fillet >
Calories per Serving: 303
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, ½ Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup corn
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups mixed greens
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Place shrimp in a mixing bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil and seasoning. Toss well and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill or air fryer. Coat jalapeno and pineapple in cooking spray. Grill for a few minutes, until charred. Remove, chop jalapeno (removing some seeds) and dice pineapple.
- Grill shrimp for a few minutes per side, until charred and fully cooked through.
- To assemble salad, add mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, red onion, corn, avocado, pineapple, chopped jalapeno and cilantro. Top with shrimp.
- Whisk together lime juice and olive oil. Drizzle over salad and toss.