Grilled Shrimp and Scallop SkewersRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Nothing gets us in the summer mood like backyard barbecues and fresh seafood. Combine the two and beautiful things are bound to happen. Take these Grilled Shrimp and Scallop Skewers (or “shrimp shish kabobs” as some people call it) for example; lean protein and seasonal veggies unite to create a seafood skewer that’s packed with flavor and nutrition. We stack up a medley of delicious produce with fresh shrimp and scallops, then cover it all in a garlic and lemon infused butter sauce before firing up the grill.
The best part about these Shrimp and Scallop Skewers is that they are ready to enjoy in less than 15 minutes, including the simple meal prep, making them the easiest and tastiest shrimp on skewers recipe you can find! After you’re done slicing up your veggies and weighing out your seafood, preheat the grill and spray it with a nonstick cooking spray. Grab your skewers and thread them with your ingredients. This Shrimp and Scallop Skewers recipe makes four servings, so be sure to divide everything up evenly!
Now that your skewers are assembled, it’s time to make a tasty sauce to pump up the flavor. We combine light butter with minced garlic, lemon juice and fresh parsley to create a delicious infused butter. Brush half of the lemon garlic butter over your kebabs and place them on the grill. Cook for four to five minutes per side, until the seafood is completely cooked through. Remove the skewers from the grill and brush them with the remaining lemon garlic butter before serving.
Our healthy Grilled Shrimp and Scallop Skewers feature zucchini, red onions and bell peppers. However, you can add any other non-starchy veggies that you love! Try making this summer dinner recipe with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes summer squash or even Brussels sprouts for a tasty twist. Want to add a SmartCarb? Throw on some corn or baby potatoes!
Grill Tip: If you’re using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes prior to using. This will help to prevent burning.
One serving of these Grilled Shrimp and Scallop Skewers clocks in at just 137 calories. You can count it as one PowerFuel, half of an Extra and one Vegetable serving on your Nutrisystem meal plan.
Consider starting a food journal to help you keep track of your food intake throughout your journey. This can help you stay on plan and prevent overeating. If pen and paper aren’t your thing, check out NuMi, our free online tracking app! NuMi fits seamlessly into your Nutrisystem program and provides an organized food journal for your daily menu. Click here to learn more! >
Skewers make healthy eating fun and flavorful! They are perfect for summer parties and create an easy, mess-free grilling experience. Get creative and fill up your skewers with a wide range of delicious and nutritious ingredients! Get inspired by our diet-friendly skewer recipes below:
- Marinated Steak Kebabs >
- Pineapple Chicken Kebabs >
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Banana Kebabs >
- Patriotic Fruit Flag Kebabs >
- Brussels Sprout Skewers with Mustard Marinade >
- Rainbow Vegetable Skewers >
- Chicken Kebabs with Peanut Dipping Sauce >
- Easy Summer Melon Kebabs >
- Tasty Chicken & Veggie Kebabs with Brown Rice >
- Deli Meat and Cheese Kabobs >
- Marinated Greek Chicken Skewers >
- Classic Caprese Kebabs >
- Pasta and Meatball Italian Skewers >
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Kebabs >
Enjoy the taste of grilled goodness without firing up the grill! The Grilled Chicken Sandwich from Nutrisystem provides the flame-broiled flavor you love without the hassle. Looking for something a little more hearty? Our Meatloaf Sandwich boasts a whopping 18 grams of protein, featuring a chargrilled beef patty on a whole grain bun. Yum!
Weight loss is delicious with a convenient meal delivery service like Nutrisystem! We bring your favorite foods directly to your door. Click here to learn more about our meal plans or shop our menu a la carte! >
Calories per Serving: 137
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, ½ Extra and 1 Vegetable
- ½ lb. shrimp
- ½ lb. scallops
- 1 zucchini, sliced about ¼-inch thick
- ½ red onion, sliced into 1-inch chunks
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. light butter, melted
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the grill and spray with nonstick spray.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Thread the skewers with scallops, shrimp, zucchini, red onion and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon garlic butter ingredients. Brush half of the mixture over kebabs.
- Place the kebabs onto the grill and cook 4-5 minutes per side, until seafood is completely cooked.
- Brush the kebabs with the remaining lemon garlic butter before serving.