Tasty Chicken & Veggie Kebabs with Brown RiceRecipe posted in: Lunches & Dinners
Simple meets delicious with this tasty dinner recipe that puts a fun and flavorful spin on the same old chicken and rice dish, and requires just a few basic ingredients.
Featuring lean chicken, perfectly seasoned veggies and tender brown rice, this dish is packed with body-boosting nutrients, and counts as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels and one Vegetable on Nutrisystem, making it the perfect flex dinner. Cooking for a family or having guests over for dinner? Just double or triple the recipe—it’s super easy to prepare in bulk.
Who doesn’t love food on a stick?! Try these other flavorful kebab recipes from The Leaf Weight Loss Blog:
- Delicious Melon Kebabs
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Kebabs
- Chicken Kebabs With Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Caprese Kebabs
- Pineapple Chicken Kebabs
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels and 1 Vegetable
- 5 oz. skinless chicken thigh, uncooked
- Dash of paprika
- Dash of cumin
- 4 slices of onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 slices of bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 slices of zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- Also needed: wooden skewers
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Soak 1 wooden skewer in water for at least 10 minutes. Heat broiler.
- Season the chicken with paprika and cumin.
- Thread onto the skewers with the chicken, bell pepper, onion and zucchini.
- Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with the oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, broil the kebabs, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice.