This leftover soup might just be one of the easiest recipes we’ve come up with. Using the rest of your Thanksgiving feast, you can create a weeks’ worth of delicious Flex meals. Your leftover turkey, mashed potatoes and veggie sides will shine in this hearty, post-holiday dish.
This simple recipe can be made quickly in an Instant Pot. However, you can also make it on your stove top easily if you have a little more time. If you haven’t heard of the Instant Pot yet, you’re missing out on a quick-cooking meal prep miracle! This little appliance is a versatile machine ready to make your life easier. Click the link below for everything you need to know about this handy kitchen sidekick:
One serving of this Thanksgiving Leftover Soup contains 254 calories and counts as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb and half of a Vegetable serving on the Nutrisystem program. After a big holiday feast, it’s important to get right back on track with your weight loss program. With the help of NuMi, our easy-to-use online tracking app, you can jump back into your diet with ease. Click here to quickly log your soup in NuMi >
Soup is a light yet filling dish that can easily be made healthy. Check out these other Nutrisystem-approved recipes:
- Cauliflower Sweet Potato Soup >
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup >
- 5-Ingredient Chicken “Noodle” Soup >
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup >
- Italian Chicken and Fall Veggie Soup >
- Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli Soup >
Even easier than leftover soup (if that’s even possible), is Nutrisystem’s variety of delicious, ready-to-go soups that are perfectly portioned to fit into your program. Try our Chicken Noodle Soup, Hearty Beef Stew, Pasta Fagioli and Beans and Ham Soup.
Don’t let one holiday set you back from reaching your weight loss goals. Get back on track with healthy meals from Nutrisystem! Learn more about our programs >
Calories per Serving: 254
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb and 1/2 Vegetable
- 1 lb. leftover turkey
- 1 Tbsp. light margarine
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cups carrots, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 cups green beans, cooked
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup corn
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Stove Top Method
- In a large pot, melt margarine over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add turkey, green beans, corn, mashed potatoes and seasonings. Cover and let simmer for an hour.
- Instant Pot Method
- Heat margarine in Instant Pot on SAUTE-high mode. Add carrots and onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add turkey, green beans, corn, mashed potatoes and seasonings. Top the Instant Pot with its lid on SEAL mode and cook on MANUAL for 8 minutes.
- Let Instant Pot naturally release steam for 8 minutes, then quickly release by moving the toggle to VENT.