Homestyle Pancake Breakfast Sandwich with SausageRecipe posted in: Nutrisystem Food Hacks, Breakfasts, Main Courses
Skip the drive-thru and enjoy a hearty breakfast sandwich at home! Made easy with a popular Nutrisystem breakfast as the bread, this Homestyle Pancake Breakfast Sandwich with Sausage is just what you need to kickstart your day.
This lightened up version of a fast food breakfast was inspired by the Sausage, Egg & Cheese McGriddles® from McDonald’s breakfast menu. However, we’ve made a few swaps to save you some fat and calories.
Instead of regular pancakes or griddle cakes, we use the fluffy and high-fiber Homestyle Pancakes from Nutrisystem to hold our breakfast sandwich together. For the inside of the sandwich, we put together three tasty, protein-packed ingredients, including egg whites, turkey sausage and thinly sliced cheddar cheese. If you’re a vegetarian, you can swap in a plant-based meatless sausage instead.
McDonald’s Sausage, Egg & Cheese McGriddles® sandwich clocks in at 550 calories and 33 grams of fat. Our perfectly portioned version contains 298 calories and less than 11 grams of fat. Both options contain around 20 grams of protein.*
Looking for another breakfast sandwich recipe using our Homestyle Pancakes? Check out our Homestyle Pancake Breakfast Sandwich with Turkey Bacon! >
If you’re hungry for more hearty and healthy breakfasts, you’ve come to the right place. The Leaf Weight Loss Blog is your virtual recipe book, ready to serve you with healthy inspiration each and every day! Cook up a magnificent morning meal with our healthy breakfast recipes below:
- TikTok Tortilla Hack Breakfast Wrap >
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burrito >
- Everything “Bagel” Breakfast Sandwich >
- Maple Banana Oatmeal >
- Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon French Toast >
- 4-Ingredient Breakfast Mushroom Caps >
- Instant Pot Breakfast Cereal >
- French Onion Breakfast Naan Flatbread >
Nutrisystem delivers weight loss-friendly versions of your favorite foods! Get started with your meal plan today >
*Information taken from company website on 11/2/2021.
Calories per Serving: 298
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Nutrisystem Breakfast and 2 PowerFuels
- 1 package Nutrisystem® Homestyle Pancakes
- 2 egg whites
- 1 turkey (or meatless) sausage patty
- 1 slice cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- Heat pancakes and turkey sausage patty according to package's directions.
- Cook eggs scrambled or omelet style. Top with cheese and cover until melted.
- Assemble sandwich by placing cooked egg and cheese on one pancake. Top with sausage and remaining pancake. Serve hot.