Pears are an autumn staple. Pair them with a bowl of warm, spiced oatmeal and you’ve got the ultimate breakfast for the season. With a drizzle of honey, a dash of cinnamon and a sprinkle of hazelnuts, this Roasted Pear Porridge recipe was specially made for chilly fall mornings.
Everyone roasts vegetables like Brussels sprouts, carrots and potatoes. While we love a roasted veggie side dish, fresh fruit can also benefit from some extra time in the oven. Pears are our fruit of choice in this delicious dish because they remind us of fall and go perfectly with cinnamon. However, you can also try this recipe with another fruit like apples, pumpkin or bananas!
The first step to this meal is preparing your pear. Slice a pear in half and core out the seeds. Place the pear halves face up in a baking dish and drizzle them with honey, coconut oil and cinnamon. Bake them in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
While the pear is roasting, it’s time to whip up your porridge! Place dry, rolled oats in a small pot with unsweetened almond milk, water, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a low simmer. Continue cooking for about 10 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency (Be sure to stir it occasionally!). Once your porridge is finished, divide it equally between two bowls. Top each bowl with half of a roasted pear and chopped hazelnuts.
Boost your bowl of oats with our five simple tips. Click here to learn more! >
One serving of this Roasted Pear Porridge contains 223 calories. It counts as one SmartCarb, half of a PowerFuel and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. Start your day off on the right track by logging your healthy breakfast in the NuMi app!
Oatmeal and porridge is a smart and satisfying way to start the day! Check out these other healthy breakfast recipes for your weight loss menu:
- Maple Banana Oatmeal >
- Mocha Coffee Overnight Oatmeal >
- Easy Oatmeal Pancakes >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Power Snack >
- Strawberry Fields Overnight Oatmeal >
- Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie >
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats Parfait >
- Superfood Overnight Oats >
- Banana Nut Overnight Oatmeal >
Here at Nutrisystem, we LOVE oats. That’s why we use it in so many of our menu items! Stock up on the delicious meals and snacks below:
- Peanut Butter Oat Bar >
- Apple Walnut Oatmeal >
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar Oat Square >
- Chocolate Chunk Cookie >
- Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal >
- Oatmeal Cranberry Bites >
- Harvest Nut Oat Bar >
- Chocolate Granola >
Get started with a convenient meal delivery service that helps you lose weight and get healthy! Nutrisystem delivers pantry and freezer friendly options directly to your door. Click here to learn more about our simple meal plans! >
Calories per Serving: 223
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, ½ PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 1 pear
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. coconut oil
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- ½ cup rolled oats, dry
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. hazelnuts, chopped
- Roasted Pear
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Slice the pear in half and core out the seeds. Place the pear halves face up in a baking dish.
- Drizzle the pear with honey, coconut oil and cinnamon. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Place the oats, milk, water, vanilla and cinnamon in a small pot. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until desired consistency.
- Divide the cooked porridge equally between two bowls. Top each bowl with half of a roasted pear and chopped hazelnuts.