Protein-Packed Peanut Butter “Puppy Chow”Recipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Snacks, Desserts
Satisfy your sweet and salty cravings with our Protein-Packed Peanut Butter “Puppy Chow” recipe! This infamous rice cereal-based snack has many names, but you may know it as the delicious bowl of crunchy cereal coated in creamy peanut butter, rich chocolate chips and sugar that’s popular at holiday parties, game day events and family movie nights.
Despite its name, this tasty treat is far from dog food (in fact, we definitely don’t recommend giving it to your dog!). It gets its “Puppy Chow” title from its appearance: a big bowl of crunchy clusters. Our version of this classic snack has a healthy twist. Instead of coating it in the standard powdered sugar, we swap in a combination of whey protein powder and coconut sugar.
Having trouble finding a protein powder that fits into your weight loss plan? Nutrisystem Protein and Probiotic Shake Mix works perfectly in this easy recipe! Feel free to try it with either the chocolate or vanilla flavor… or both! Click here to stock up on our delicious protein powder. >
Our Protein-Packed Peanut Butter “Puppy Chow” recipe makes a total of six servings, so it’s perfect when the whole family is craving a sweet and healthy snack! Because it’s so delicious, we recommend portioning it out into individual serving size bags to help prevent you from overeating. One serving contains 160 calories and counts as half of a SmartCarb, half of a PowerFuel and two Extras on the Nutrisystem plan. You are only allotted three Extras per day, so it’s important to keep track of them for the best results.
Use the NuMi app to keep your daily meal plan organized throughout your weight loss journey! Click here to quickly log this recipe in NuMi >
Healthy Hacks: Want to make this recipe counts as a full PowerFuel? Add in some roasted peanuts for more protein and peanut flavor! You can even top your bowl with a drizzle of creamy peanut butter. Make it a full SmartCarb by serving it with some banana slices. Have another Extra to spare for the day? Add in some seeds for extra crunch!
Looking for more healthy snack recipes? The Leaf Weight Loss Blog is here to help! Check out the delicious ideas below:
- Chocolate Granola Recipe >
- Greek Shredded Chicken Nachos >
- Sweet and Savory Chocolate Popcorn >
- 3-Ingredient Spicy Cucumber Snack Sticks >
- Sweet and Salty Trail Mix >
- Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Bites >
- Healthy and Cheesy Cauliflower Nachos >
- No-Bake S’mores Protein Balls >
- Dill Pickle Popcorn >
Nutrisystem makes snack time easy! We send perfectly portioned versions of your favorite treats right to your door. Lose weight and get healthy with our simple meal plan and food delivery service! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 160
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ SmartCarb, ½ PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 3 cups rice squares cereal
- 2 Tbsp. chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp. whey protein powder
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- Melt chocolate, peanut butter and coconut oil in a microwave safe dish for 20 seconds at a time until fully melted. Stir in between each microwave cycle.
- Stir in rice squares cereal and mix until fully coated.
- Place protein powder and coconut sugar in a large zip-top bag. Pour in cereal mixture and seal the bag. Shake the bag until fully coated with the protein powder and sugar.