Roasted Garlic Eggplant PizzaRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Appetizers, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
This Roasted Garlic Eggplant Pizza is the perfect (and healthy!) alternative to greasy, calorie-filled pizza. If it’s pizza night in your household, whip up this garlicky recipe for a dinner the entire family will love.
Dieting doesn’t have to mean saying goodbye to your favorite foods—and that includes pizza! This Roasted Garlic Eggplant Pizza packs in the flavor and the cheese. If that’s not enough to convince you to give this recipe a try, did we mention it’s super simple to make?
To make this Roasted Garlic Eggplant Pizza, simply sprinkle eight sliced eggplant rounds with coarse salt and let sit. Evenly distribute garlic cloves on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil and salt. Fold and seal the aluminum foil and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes. Once the roasted garlic cloves have cooled, peel, transfer to a bowl and mash thoroughly with a fork. Add in ricotta cheese, oregano, black pepper and sea salt to combine. Pat eggplant dry and add to a nonstick baking sheet. Be sure to mist each eggplant round with a nonstick cooking spray and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove the rounds from the oven and flip. Top each pizza round with the ricotta cheese mixture, spinach and mozzarella cheese. Pop back in the oven and bake for about five minutes or until cheese has fully melted!
These cheesy and garlicky meal in 100% Nutrisystem-approved. Clocking in at just 104 calories for two whole pizzas and counting as just one PowerFuel on your Nutrisystem meal plan, this Roasted Garlic Eggplant Pizza is a go-to for pizza lovers. And to ensure you’re staying on track with your weight loss goals, log each serving of Eggplant Pizza in the NuMi App. Consistently keeping track of your daily food intake can increase weight loss results—so get logging!
We have plenty of low carb alternatives for pizza night. Check out a few more of our favorites below:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious foods like pizza, pasta and ice cream? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 4 (2 pizzas = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 104
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel
- ½ large eggplant, sliced into ½” thick rounds (8 slices)
- Kosher salt
- 4 cloves of garlic, peel left on
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed in a towel to remove excess moisture
- ¼ cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the eggplant with coarse salt, place on paper towels and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Lay out a square of aluminum foil and place the garlic cloves on top (do not peel). Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Fold the aluminum foil into a sealed packet, place in oven and roast garlic for 20 minutes until soft and golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cool, peel the cloves and discard the skins. In a bowl, add peeled garlic cloves and mash well with a fork. Add ricotta cheese, oregano, black pepper and sea salt and mix well. Set aside.
- Pat eggplant dry and arrange eggplant rounds on a nonstick baking sheet. Mist with a nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip. Top each slice with ~1 tablespoon ricotta mixture, ~1 tablespoon spinach and ~2 teaspoons mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for 5-7 minutes.