Salsa verde is transformed into a heartier version of its former self in this easy, cheesy appetizer recipe. If you’re craving Mexican-inspired flavors, protein-packed chicken and melty cheese, our Baked Salsa Verde Chicken Dip will become your go-to party dish.
A quick and easy dip recipe that’s also cheesy? Count us in! You can whip up this salsa verde dip in a snap and without much effort. Simply combine low fat cream cheese, nonfat plain Greek yogurt, salsa verde, a can fire roasted diced green chiles, a can fire roasted diced tomatoes and some spices (we love cumin, chili powder and onion powder!), then whisk it all together! Fold in some shredded chicken and reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese, then pour the whole thing into a large baking. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. and pop it in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Finally, set the oven to broil until the cheese is lightly brown.
Pro Tip: Grab a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store to make this recipe even easier!
Not sure what to serve with this delicious Chicken Salsa Verde Dip? We think it pairs perfectly with tortilla chips, whole grain crackers, pita bread or sliced vegetables. Learn how to make homemade tortilla chips in your air fryer right here! >
This healthy Salsa Verde Chicken Dip recipe makes 10 servings. One serving contains 162 calories and counts as one PowerFuel and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. While you’re dunking your favorite dippers into this delicious dip, make sure to log it in the NuMi app to stay on track with your daily meal plan. NuMi is the perfect place to keep your food intake organized, while also providing a simple way to log your weight loss progress. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app! >
Fill up your weight loss menu with fabulous fiesta flavors! The Leaf Weight Loss Blog has plenty of delicious Mexican food recipes that you’ll love. Check out some of our favorites below:
- Mexican Street Corn Dip Recipe >
- Loaded Mexican Baked Sweet Potato >
- Chicken Taco Pinwheel Wraps >
- Vegan Chipotle Tofu Breakfast Burrito >
- Crispy Low Carb Cauliflower Nachos >
- Cheesy Egg White Breakfast Burrito with Sundried Tomatoes & Spinach >
- Low Carb Bell Pepper Nachos >
- Tropical Shrimp Taco Bowl >
- Crunchy Turkey Taco Wrap >
Get delicious meals delivered directly to your home with Nutrisystem. Learn more about our plans!>
Calories per Serving: 162
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 4 oz. cream cheese, low fat
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cup salsa verde
- 1 can fire roasted diced green chiles
- ½ 10-oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes (5 oz. total)
- 1 ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 8 oz. shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese, reduced fat
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together all ingredients except for chicken and cheese.
- Fold in shredded chicken and 1 cup of cheese.
- Pour into a large baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then set to broil to lightly brown the cheese.
- Serve with chips or vegetables.