Air Fryer Double Stuffed Cheesy Crab PotatoesRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses, Sides, Snacks
If you’re looking for a decadent and delicious appetizer that is full of flavor, look no further than this Air Fryer Double Stuffed Cheesy Crab Potatoes recipe! This dish combines succulent crab meat with creamy mashed potatoes and savory cheese for an indulgent snack that won’t break your diet. It’s perfect for your game day party!
How to Make Crab Stuffed Potatoes
Prepare the Potatoes
The first step in making this tasty dish is to prepare the potatoes. Wash and dry the potatoes, then use a fork to poke holes in them. Place the potatoes in the microwave for two minutes to help them cook faster.
Next, rub all sides of the potatoes with olive oil and place them into your preheated air fryer. Cook for 15 to 25 minutes until they are crispy on the outside yet soft and tender on the inside. Once they are cool enough to touch, carefully cut a slit into the potatoes and scoop out the insides into a bowl.
Create the Crab Mashed Potato Filling
Next, add black pepper and Greek yogurt to the potato mixture from earlier in order to create a creamy filling that will be used later on. Gently fold in some crab meat, Old Bay seasoning and chives before dividing it between each of the potato skins.
Top each crab stuffed potato with cheese before placing back into your air fryer for another five minutes. The cheese should be nice and melty once it’s done. Garnish with the remaining chopped chives for added flavor!
That’s it! You’ve got a healthy snack or meal that your party guests will love. The Air Fryer Double Stuffed Crab Potatoes recipe makes six servings, with each clocking in at 153 calories. If you’re on Nutrisystem, don’t forget to log your stuffed potato in the NuMi app as one SmartCarb and one PowerFuel.
More Healthy Air Fryer Appetizers
Calories per Serving: 153
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- 6 small white potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 6 oz. crab meat
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- Black pepper, to taste
- 3 tsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Use a fork to poke holes in the potatoes.
- Microwave potatoes for 2 minutes.
- Rub all sides with olive oil. Place potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook for 15-25 minutes, until outside is crisp and inside is fork tender.
- Let potatoes cool enough to handle, then carefully cut a slit in the potatoes and scoop out the insides into a bowl. Keep the skin intact.
- Add pepper and Greek yogurt to the insides of the potatoes and mash together.
- Gently fold in crab meat, Old Bay seasoning and 2 teaspoons of chives.
- Divide the crab potato into the potato skins. Top with cheese and air fry for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining 1 tsp of chopped chives.