Air Fryer Chicken TaquitosRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses
Looking for a new, healthy chicken recipe to try in your air fryer? Look no further than this Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos recipe! These chicken taquitos are easy to make and taste delicious. They’re perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. Plus, they’re healthy and Nutrisystem-approved! Give this recipe a try today. You won’t be disappointed.
How to Make Chicken Taquitos in the Air Fryer
Craving something crispy and delicious, but don’t want all the extra grease that comes from deep frying? These air fryer chicken taquitos are the perfect solution! If you’re searching for an easy and healthy dinner recipe, you’ll love this recipe. It’s simple to make and only requires a few ingredients. Plus, the air fryer cooks the chicken taquitos perfectly every time. You’ll have a delicious and satisfying meal that everyone will love. So give this recipe a try today!
Made with healthy ingredients like shredded chicken, light cream cheese and reduced fat Mexican cheese these taquitos are packed with flavor and cooked to perfection. And since they’re cooked in the air fryer, they’re a healthier alternative to traditional fried taquitos.
To make them, simply combine the shredded chicken, light cream cheese, reduced fat Mexican cheese, chili powder and cumin in a bowl. Stir in black beans, then spoon the mixture into corn tortillas and roll them up tightly.
Next, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Place the taquitos in the air fryer basket and lightly spray them with nonstick cooking spray. Cook for six minutes, then flip and cook for another three to four minutes. These air fryer chicken taquitos are a quick and easy recipe that is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Enjoy!
This recipe makes four servings. You can enjoy two taquitos as one serving; this contains 278 calories. If you’re on Nutrisystem, you can log it in your NuMi app journal as one SmartCarb, one and a half PowerFuels and one Extra.
Customize your taquitos by swapping out the meat, cheese, spices and beans with your favorite varieties! You can use turkey instead of chicken. Swap mozzarella cheese in place of the Mexican blend. Replace the chili powder and cumin with garlic powder and smoked paprika. Pinto beans can even be substituted for the black beans.
Next, serve your taquitos with all of your favorite toppings and sauces! Dunk them into salsa, guacamole or hot sauce. Top them with pico de gallo, chopped veggies, sour cream and more. Just be sure to refer to the Nutrisystem Grocery Guide to learn how to keep track of all the additions that you add. Check out the Grocery Guide here! >
More Healthy Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Bites >
- Air Fryer Boneless Garlic Ginger Chicken Bites >
- Healthy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks >
- Air Fryer Dry-Rubbed Chicken Bites >
- Air Fryer Boneless Garlic Parmesan Chicken Bites >
- Air Fryer Sausage, Potatoes and Veggies >
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Sliders >
- Healthy Air Fryer Honey Garlic Drumsticks >
- Air Fryer BBQ Potato Skins >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Servings: 4 (2 taquitos per serving)
Calories per Serving: 278
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 ½ PowerFuels and 1 Extra
- 1 ½ cups shredded chicken
- 2 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese, reduced fat
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ cup black beans
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Combine shredded chicken, cream cheese, Mexican cheese, chili powder and cumin.
- Stir in black beans.
- Place 2-4 tablespoons of chicken mixture into a tortilla. Tightly roll up tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 F. Place taquitos into air fryer basket and lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Cook for 6 minutes and then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.