Air Fryer Shrimp Cakes RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Appetizers, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Sit down and savor a simple seafood dinner! These crispy and flavorful shrimp cakes are fast and easy to make. With every bite filled with succulent shrimp, sweet bell peppers, crunchy bread crumbs and a medley of spices, this Air Fryer Shrimp Cakes recipe is the ultimate healthy dish.
A 15-minute meal that tastes like it’s from a fancy restaurant? Count us in! The secret to making these shrimp cakes quickly (and healthy) is the air fryer. The small countertop appliance circulates super hot air to create a guilt-free, crispy exterior on your favorite foods. No oil required!
How to Make Air Fryer Shrimp Cakes
If you’re hungry for a healthy shrimp dinner but are running short on time, this recipe is your answer. To make it, plug in your air fryer and preheat it to 400 degrees. Prep the cooked shrimp by chopping it up into small pieces using a knife or food processor. Place it into a large bowl and add chopped red bell pepper, breadcrumbs, an egg, lemon juice, paprika, onion powder, Italian seasoning, Old Bay seasoning and cilantro. Toss the shrimp mixture until it’s well combined, then form it into eight equal-sized patties.
Now it’s time to get cooking! Place a few of the shrimp cakes into a greased air fryer basket. Cook them for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time. Repeat this process with the remaining patties until they are all cooked.
Not only is this healthy air fryer shrimp recipe quick, easy and delicious, but it’s also Nutrisystem-approved! You can log each 96-calorie serving as one PowerFuel and one Extra in your NuMi app journal.
Make this recipe a full Flex meal by adding a SmartCarb, such as a side of brown rice, quinoa, cooked sweet potato or whole grain crackers. You can also add a Vegetable serving by enjoying your shrimp cake over a large salad or with steamed veggies.
And don’t forget about your three allotted daily Extras! These optional add-ins can add big flavor for just 10 to 35 calories per serving. If you have any to spare for the day, you can add some tartar sauce, cocktail sauce or chipotle mayo to your air fryer shrimp.
Even More Healthy Recipes
Searching for more “shrimply” delicious recipes? Check out these other popular ideas:
- Shrimp Fra Diavolo >
- One-Pan Shrimp Pesto Pasta >
- Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Lime Yogurt Sauce >
- One-Pot Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Stew >
- Shrimp Fajita Bowl >
- 5-Minute Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Apricot Sauce >
- Cajun Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil >
- Shrimp Stuffed Fish >
- 15-Minute Tomato Basil Shrimp >
If you need more easy lunches and dinners that support your weight loss goals, Nutrisystem is here for you! We deliver perfectly portioned, easy-to-prep meals and snacks that you’ll love. Get started with a meal plan today! >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 96
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. old bay seasoning
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Chop shrimp into small pieces using a knife or food processor.
- Combine all ingredients together. Form into 8 patties.
- Place a few patties into a greased air fryer basket. Cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time.
- Repeat with remaining patties.
- Serve over a salad or on a small whole grain roll with tartar sauce, cocktail sauce or chipotle mayo.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.