Chili Casserole? Yes, it’s a thing. And it’s delicious. Featuring a hearty chili base topped with creamy polenta and cheddar cheese, this savory dish is as tasty as it is easy.
To make this simple and delicious recipe, you’ll use your Nutrisystem Vegetarian Chili and a few simple ingredients. Don’t have this Nutrisystem entree on hand? Consider whipping up a batch of this Savory Turkey Chili to use instead. Want to purchase the Nutrisystem Vegetarian Chili? Click here.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Nutrisystem Lunch, 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 1 container Nutrisystem Vegetarian Chili
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp. fat-free cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and slowly whisk in cornmeal to create a polenta-like mixture.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until polenta is thickened. Remove from heat.
- Empty container of chili into bottom of an oven safe ramekin. Carefully spoon polenta over top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until bubbling. Remove from oven and top with cheddar cheese.
- Broil on low for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and polenta is golden brown.