Cranberry season has arrived! If you’re like most people, the first thing that comes to mind when you think about this tart ingredient is the classic Thanksgiving side dish. However, it’s time to think beyond cranberry sauce and elevate this nutritious and delicious holiday staple. Our Cranberry Brie Baguette Bites are the perfect gourmet holiday appetizer to reimagine cranberries and impress your guests!
To make this simple seasonal starter, slice up a whole wheat baguette and toast it in the oven until lightly crispy. Top each baguette slice with a thin piece of brie cheese and pop it back in the oven until melted. Finally, top these little bites with a homemade cranberry topping made from whole cranberries, honey and orange zest, along with a sprinkle of fresh basil and black pepper. With so many flavors and textures, you won’t believe that these delicious little bites fit into your weight loss goals!
This recipe makes 12 servings. One serving contains 138 calories and counts as one SmartCarb and half of a PowerFuel on the Nutrisystem program. Stay on track with your healthy diet this holiday season by logging your food intake in the NuMi app! It’s easy to use and fits perfectly into your weight loss plan. Click here to log this recipe in your NuMi journal! >
Crazy for cranberries? Fill up your healthy holiday menu with the delicious recipes below:
- Crustless Cranberry Pie >
- Whole Wheat Cranberry Orange Bread >
- Cranberry Turkey Stuffed Sweet Potato >
- Cranberry Cookies Made with Sweet Potato >
- Pumpkin Cranberry Crackers >
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Applesauce >
- Gluten-Free Cranberry Scones >
- Air Fryer Cranberry Pecan Pie >
- Cranberry Walnut Pinwheel Wraps >
- Turkey Cranberry Salad >
- Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Crumble >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 138
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and ½ PowerFuel
- 1 loaf whole wheat baguette, sliced about 1-1 ½ inches thick
- 5 oz. brie cheese, thinly sliced
- ½ cup whole cranberries
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 2 tsp. chopped basil
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place cranberries, honey and orange zest into a food processor. Pulse a few times to break up the cranberries. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place the sliced baguette onto a greased baking sheet. Spray the tops with nonstick spray.
- Toast the baguette slices for 6 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time.
- Place a slice of brie cheese onto each slice of toasted baguette. Place back in the oven for about 4 minutes or until melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with a spoonful of the cranberry mixture. Sprinkle with chopped basil. Add black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.