Are you looking for a delicious and festive Christmas treat? Look no further than these Chocolate Coconut Rum Balls! They’re not only easy to make, but they’re also gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan. Plus, they’re the perfect size for snacking on and healthy enough that you can enjoy them guilt free. Merry Christmas!
How to Make Rum Balls
The holidays are right around the corner, and that means it’s the time of year when everyone is baking cookies and treats. These Chocolate Coconut Rum Balls are quick to prepare and so delicious. Plus, they’re perfect for a holiday party or get-together.
So grab a few ingredients and get started! You’ll definitely want to add these to your list of holiday recipes.
Start by grinding some almonds and cashews in a food processor until they become a fine powder. Add pitted dates and rum extract, then process until everything is well blended.
Next, add some cacao powder or cocoa powder and pulse again until everything is combined. The mixture should be slightly crumbly yet still able to bind together if you press it with your fingers. If the mixture doesn’t keep together, try adding a few drops of water at a time until it does.
Spread cacao/cocoa powder and unsweetened shredded coconut on separate plates for coating the rum balls. Create each rum ball by using a tablespoon to scoop the mixture, then roll them into a smooth ball with your hands. Finally, roll each rum ball in either cocoa or coconut to give them an authentic look and taste. Refrigerate for a couple of hours, then serve your freshly-made Chocolate Coconut Rum Balls to all your friends and family—enjoy!
More Healthy Holiday Desserts
- No-Bake Cranberry Cheesecake Parfait >
- Snowmen Fruit Kebabs >
- Holiday Gingerbread Rice Krispies >
- Strawberry Santa Hats >
- No-Bake Candy Cane Pudding Cups >
- Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip >
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies >
- No-Bake Coconut Gingerbread Cookie Bites >
Servings: 12 (1 serving = 1 rum ball)
Calories per Serving: 100
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. cacao or cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. rum extract
- 2 Tbsp. water, if needed
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place almonds and cashews in a food processor and process them into a fine powder.
- Add dates and rum extract. Process until well combined.
- Add ¼ cup cacao/cocoa powder and pulse until well combined. The mixture should be slightly crumbly but should keep together easily when you press it together. If not, add some water.
- Spread cacao/cocoa powder and shredded coconut on 2 separate plates. Scoop a tablespoon of the rum ball mixture and roll them into a smooth ball. Roll the rum balls in the cacao/cocoa powder or coconut.
- Place rum balls on a plate and refrigerate for a couple of hours.