Chocolate Covered Strawberry “Footballs”Recipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Appetizers, Snacks, Desserts
Get ready for game day and satisfy that sweet tooth with a tasty treat that’s as festive as it is flavorful! These Chocolate Covered Strawberry “Footballs” are the perfect way to celebrate the big game. Featuring fresh strawberries, melted semi-sweet chocolate chips and a bit of decorative icing, they’re the perfect sweet and healthy snack that any football fan will love.
Pro Tip: If you’re on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan, we recommend making one batch for your guests and one batch for yourself using your NutriChocolaty Wafers and one cup of strawberries. This will count as one Nutrisystem snack plus one SmartCarb (you’ll get to eat a little more chocolate this way!).
For a total weight loss touchdown, make sure to log these delicious strawberries in the NuMi app to stay on track with your weight loss goals!
Servings: Makes 16 servings
Calories per Serving: 142
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 strawberries count as 2 Extras
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 medium strawberries
- 1 tube of white icing
- Heat chocolate chips on stove-top or in microwave until melted (stir often and check on melting progress often to prevent burning).
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Dip each strawberry in the chocolate until coated then place on wax paper.
- Let sit until dry (about 15 minutes).
- Use icing to draw “laces” on the “footballs.”
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.