If breakfast is the most important meal of the day, shouldn’t it also be the most delicious? This Egg White and Spinach Breakfast Burrito proves that a healthy meal can also be a tasty one. Featuring a fiber-rich, protein-packed blend of spinach, egg whites, shredded part-skim mozzarella and avocado stuffed inside a whole wheat tortilla, this hearty brunch is the ultimate start to a busy day!
While this recipe is simple and easy enough to be a go-to, grab-and-go breakfast on your Nutrisystem plan, you may want to add some variety to your weight loss menu. Have some fun and get creative in the kitchen with some nutritious and delicious additions! Add another with SmartCarb with a serving of black beans or quinoa. Throw in a PowerFuel with turkey sausage, another egg or extra cheese. You could even incorporate more non-starchy Vegetables to help you reach your four required daily servings! Tomatoes, onions and bell peppers are all amazing options.
One serving of this Egg White and Spinach Breakfast Burrito contains 233 calories. It counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, one Extra and half of a Vegetable serving on the Nutrisystem program. Start your day off on the right track by logging your morning meal in the NuMi app! It will keep you organized and on-plan, even with a busy schedule. Click here to log this breakfast burrito in your NuMi journal! >
Looking for more healthy breakfast recipes for your Flex menu? The Leaf Weight Loss Blog is your go-to virtual recipe book! Check out the Nutrisystem-approved breakfast ideas below:
- Coconut Mango Pancakes >
- Vegetable Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust >
- Cauliflower Breakfast Hash Skillet >
- Mini Pancake Bites >
- Everything “Bagel” Breakfast Sandwich >
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burrito >
- Easy Cheddar Scones with Spinach >
- Roasted Pear Porridge >
- Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito >
- Air Fryer Sausage, Potatoes and Veggies >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 233
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra and ½ Vegetable
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. shredded mozzarella cheese, part skim
- 1 Tbsp. avocado
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- Grease a pan with nonstick spray. Heat to medium-high heat and add the spinach. Cover and cook until the spinach has wilted. Set aside.
- Re-grease the pan again with nonstick spray. Add in the egg whites and cook until almost set. Fold over to cook the other side. Season with black pepper.
- Place the tortilla on a flat surface. Add the cheese, then the egg whites, wilted spinach and avocado.
- Fold up into a burrito by folding the bottom of the tortilla up and over the filling, then fold in both sides to form a tight cylinder.