Who knew a fancy dinner could be so simple? This Filet Mignon feast features a homemade Parmesan Cream Sauce that takes just five minutes to make yet tastes like it’s from your favorite steakhouse restaurant. Impress your family members with this savory steak dinner that’s rich, decadent and surprisingly healthy.
One serving of this Filet Mignon with Parmesan Cream Sauce contains 263 calories. It counts as one and half PowerFuels and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. Pair it with a SmartCarb or Vegetable side dish to make a complete Flex meal. We’ve included some tasty ideas below. Whatever you decide to make with this steak, just be sure to keep track of it in your NuMi journal. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app! >
Watching your carbs? Try out a veggie side dish, such as our One-Pan Harissa Roasted Vegetables, Oil-Free Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower or our light and refreshing Tomato, Cucumber and Mint Mediterranean Salad.
Searching for more steak recipes? Look no further! We have plenty of healthy ideas for serving up this protein-packed PowerFuel. Check out some of our favorites below:
- Skinny Cheese Steak Sandwich >
- Marinated and Baked Beef Flank Steak >
- Filet Mignon with Mushroom Cream Sauce >
- Steak Stir Fry with Grilled Peppers and Onions >
- Simple Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas >
- Marinated Steak Kebabs >
What’s your favorite way to cook up steak? Do you have your own tasty recipe that’s too good to keep to yourself? Share your ideas on our Recipe Submission page! Your recipe could be featured right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog for others to enjoy. Click here to share your recipes! >
Nutrisystem makes weight loss simple! We offer perfectly portioned versions of your favorite meals and snacks. Plus, we deliver them right to your home! From easy breakfasts to hearty dinners to delicious snacks in between, we’re your go-to meal delivery service.
Calories per Serving: 263
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1½ PowerFuels and 2 Extras
- 10 oz. filet mignon
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp light butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in flour until combined.
- Whisk in half and half and cook for 3-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in parmesan, pepper and parsley until well combined.
- Set aside on a very low heat setting to keep warm.
- Filet Mignon
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over high heat. Add olive oil.
- Season filet with pepper. When oil is hot, sear the steak for 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the pan to the oven. Roast until steak reaches desired doneness (145°F minimum).
- Transfer filet to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with parmesan cream sauce.