Healthy Frozen Caramel MochaRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Without Nutrisystem Shakes, Shakes, Smoothies & Drinks
Recreate your favorite coffee shop order right in your own kitchen! Sweet caramel combines with rich, chocolaty flavor in this Frozen Caramel Mocha recipe. Blended to creamy perfection, it’s got all the same flavor but none of the guilt!
A Healthier Frozen Caramel Mocha
Inspired by the popular caramel mocha coffee drinks found on almost every café menu, this blended beverage is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. We’ve lightened up the coffee classic by making a few simple swaps in this easy, drinkable dessert.
Instead of whole milk, we swapped in nonfat milk and added extra flavor with vanilla extract and coffee grinds. We also avoided adding added sugars to this recipe by sweetening the beverage with stevia. Finally, instead of regular syrup and chocolate that’s filled with sugar, we used a sugar-free caramel syrup paired with unsweetened cocoa powder to provide the caramel mocha flavor you’re craving.
Each serving of this Frozen Caramel Mocha contains 110 calories. If you’re on the Nutrisystem program, you can log this drink as one PowerFuel and two Extras in your NuMi app journal.
Add a sprinkle of sea salt to turn this drink into a healthier version of the popular salted caramel mocha! If you have another Extra to spare or the day, you could also top your drink with some low-fat whipped cream before you drizzle on the caramel syrup.
If you’d rather sip on an ice caramel mocha instead of frozen, skip freezing the mixture in an ice cube tray and add regular ice cubes instead. Feel free to add some extra black coffee if you’re looking or a little more caffeine in your drink. Black coffee is a Free Food on Nutrisystem.
More Delicious and Healthy Drink Recipes
Looking for more healthy versions of your favorite coffee shop drinks? Check out more of our coffee recipes below!:
- Skinny Peppermint Mocha Cold Brew >
- Sweet Cinnamon Latte >
- Caramel Coffee Protein Shake >
- Skinny Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew >
- Caramel Faux Frappuccino >
- Vanilla Latte Protein Smoothie >
- Skinny Pumpkin Latte >
- Mexican Mocha Smoothie >
- Mocha Faux Frappuccino >
- Coffee Cacao and Banana Power Smoothie >
- Chocolate Peppermint Protein Shake >
- Iced Mocha Latte >
Lose weight with delicious meals delivered to your door! Get started with Nutrisystem today >
Calories per Serving: 110
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 2 ½ - 3 cups nonfat milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. coffee grinds
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. stevia
- 3 Tbsp. caramel syrup, sugar free
- Place 2 cups of milk, vanilla extract, coffee grinds, cocoa powder, stevia and 2 Tablespoons of caramel syrup in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray and place in the freezer until frozen.
- Once frozen, place the cubes into a blender with ½ cup of milk and blend until smooth. Add more milk to thin out as needed.
- Drizzle the remaining caramel on top before serving.