4-Ingredient Key Lime Pie Stuffed StrawberriesRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Snacks, Desserts
Key lime pie and strawberries are the perfect pair in this simple, sweet snack inspired by warm weather fruits! Whether you need a refreshing treat to cool you down or a sweet yet impressive dessert to serve to your guests, these four-ingredient Key Lime Pie Stuffed Strawberries are your answer!
Looking for an easy, absolutely delicious recipe to use up those beautiful red strawberries that you picked up from the farmers market? This sweet treat makes them the star of the show!
Red, ripe strawberries are stuffed with a citrusy, lime-flavored filling that’s creamy, dreamy and easy to make. Pretty to look at and tasty to eat, this simple and wholesome snack is ideal for warm, sunny days in the spring and summer. They come together quickly and only require four simple ingredients.
Key Lime Pie Stuffed Strawberries Recipe (With Just 4 Ingredients!)
To make this healthy, berrylicious snack, you’ll need one pound of strawberries. Remove the green tops from the berries and hollow them out with a small spoon. Cut the tip off the bottom of the strawberries to help them stand in place.
Now that your strawberry “cups” are ready, prepare the creamy lime filling. Place four ounces of low-fat cream cheese in a mixing bowl and whip it until it’s fluffy. Fold in one cup of light whipped topping, one tablespoon of lime juice and some lime zest. Refrigerate the mixture for about 20 minutes.
Fill up a zip-top bag with the cream cheese mixture and cut the tip of one of the corners off to create a piping bag. Pipe the filling into each strawberry. You can finish up here, or garnish each strawberry with a small slice of lime for an even prettier presentation. Lime zest can also add to the appearance!
This recipe makes eight servings. Each serving contains just 74 calories! If you’re losing weight on Nutrisystem, you can log this snack as two Extras in your NuMi app journal.
There are so many ways to customize this simple snack. If you’re not a fan of lime, another citrus fruit can easily be swapped in. Try it with fresh lemon, orange or even grapefruit!
You can also make stuffed strawberries without any citrus at all. Simply omit the lime juice and zest from the recipe and add another Free Food or Extra to switch up the flavors. Here’s some ideas:
- Add some cinnamon and a dash of vanilla extract for a cheesecake stuffed strawberry.
- Coconut extract adds a tropical flavor for zero calories. You could even top the strawberries with unsweetened coconut flakes if you have another Extra to spare for the day. (Lime would go good with this combo, too!)
- A dash of unsweetened cocoa powder turns this treat into inside-out chocolate covered strawberries!
Our recipe for Cannoli Stuffed Strawberries is super quick and easy to prepare. It has just five ingredients and is perfect for warm weather. Get the recipe for Cannoli Stuffed Strawberries here! >
More Healthy Strawberry Recipes for Spring and Summer
Fill up your seasonal menu with fresh and filling strawberries! This tasty SmartCarb is perfect for adding warm weather flavor to your healthy menu. Check out these other delicious strawberry recipes that fit into your Nutrisystem weight loss plan:
Calories per Serving: 74
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 Extras
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 4 oz. cream cheese, low fat
- 1 cup light whipped topping
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice + some zest
- Remove the green tops from the berries and hollow them out with a small spoon. Cut the tip off the bottom of the strawberries to help them stand in place.
- Whip the cream cheese until it's fluffy. Fold in the whipped topping, lime juice and zest. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to a zip-top bag with the tip of one corner cut off. Pipe the filling into each strawberry.
- Optional: Garnish strawberries with small slices of lime if desired.